fanfiction.net

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: fanfiction.net

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Dear the audience isn't any larger or smaller than here. It's the internet, literally BILLIONS of people can read stuff and you'd never know. Even here. Oooops not to freak anyone out of course.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:39 pm

C R I N G E
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:42 pm

Well I thought you knew that, you have to sign up to talk here. Not to read the stories. Sorry.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:46 pm

Yes I know that one has to sign up to post stories there. It is the thought ofhaving anything I wrote there makes me Cringe.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:06 pm

No dear I was talking about here. You don't have to register to post stories here. Just write an e-mail to Elessar, say hi can I post a story, and that's pretty much it. But you do have to register to talk here like we're doing. But the potential audience is the same whether you post here or on ff.net. Because people who do not talk or review here can still come and read and write here. Do you understand?

Fics

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:20 pm

Hi

Glad to see this ff.net subject here. I've always wondered what the numbers beside the show titles mean? Are the new chapters or stories? Anybody know?

Also, I've read some promising plots and ideas at the site before but the author never finishes, for instance, there was one about Malcolm searching for Trip and finding him at a beach shack in Florida. A young girl about 9-11 years old greets him and is very precocious and wise-cracky. I liked her instantly as a character, for me, the intriguing part was no physical description of her i.e. no pointy ears given. I wanted to know who her mother was of course. Trip shows up all unshaven and looking like hell and the author gives the impression he's been booted out of Starfleet.

This author had no other stories on ff.net and never shown up again. I can't even find the original story again despite the search function.

If a longer version of this post shows up, my apologies, something went wacky when I hit submit the first time.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:22 pm

The little red numbers are reviews. Hi!

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:53 pm

For me:
fanfiction.net = large audience and the will to test myself.
TriaxianSilk = friendship and sharing. Only Ttrip and T'Pol. Liberty.
And then, like Linda said once, I love this salmon-pink colour. :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:59 pm

Actually I hate to say it but the color scheme is the one thing I don't like here. Icky!

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:07 pm

On the contrary, this colour is for me really romantic. I find it unique and very evocative.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:09 pm

OK for you it is, that's great. I think it's too pink, it should be more orangey-red. I find the color icky, no harm in that.

Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Again, I want to say that I've had only good experiences at ff.net, and I've found their tracking system very interesting. It helps me to know which chapters and stories continue to get hits. I've had multiple thousands of hits and I've only been posting since July. Whatever may have happened in the past, I think if you are cool with people - they'll be cool back.

As for the Warp 5 Complex, it's funny. Yes, they are very anything goes. But there's more G rated and Gen fics than anything else. But since they do allow most everything - it gets a reputation for being very dirty. What is interesting is that they have the most robust and clear rating system of any site I've ever seen. You are forced to label which pairings your are doing and whether it is slash or het or something else. So, it's hard to inadvertently stumble somewhere you're not wanting to go.

And that fact that I was so welcomed even though I don't write slash, it's cool with me to post there. Besides, I'd like to see the TnT numbers get bigger over there, even though they are the most popular non-slash pairing. I figure if they are cool with me posting my romantic TnT stuff, I'm going to be cool with them - even if I might steer clear of some of stuff there.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:16 pm

You're lucky honeybee. I still go to ff.net for a veriety of fandoms. I just don't post or talk.

Fics

dialee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby dialee » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 pm

Not the little red numbers, the big numbers next the show titles listing.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:25 pm

Number of stories for each show. :duh:

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”