Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Re: Status and Support

Postby Alelou » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:05 pm

I didn't think you were, Linda, but I am conscious of having left a bunch of stuff unread and unreviewed lately and your most recent story is on that list. I have a long to-do list in regard to fanfic. I just don't know when I can get to it.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:37 pm

LOL, I am trying to catch up too. I have four laundry baskets full of pears picked last weekend that have to be canned or given to a food pantry before they rot. Harvest was late but overwhelming. At least fan fiction does not rot if you don't get to it fast. :D
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 pm

Yes, thank God. I'm in a similar situation with tomatoes. I keep tossing them into the trash as they develop nastiness. I should just freeze them all now and deal with them later in the winter. I would if I had enough room in the freezer...
Image.Image

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:27 pm

I know that guilty feeling. I've got a browser window full of important TnT stories from TS and fanfiction.net that I want to comment on, but I never seem to get the time to do them justice. And I've got a dozen works in progress of my own that don't seem to be any further forward than they were this time last year. :(

I think I need an eight-day week. Surely that would be enough. :D

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:21 pm

I'm afraid I'm another one who has to hold their hand up to not reading or reviewing much lately (for which I apologise.) I've been really taken up with writing and re-writing my own novel, and now it's finally finished hopefully I'll be able to get back to the SF side of my life.

I really am grateful to those people who've taken the time to leave reviews on my stories, and I know I have a duty to spread the gladness - all I need is a few more hours in the day!

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:03 pm

I try to do my share of reading and commenting but I find I often fall behind. But one good thing about my trying to leave a comment on every fan fiction story I read is that I can check to see if I have already read a story and up to what chapter, by checking to see if I already left a comment. It is kind of like leaving a book mark in place. :)
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:17 pm

Eireann wrote:I'm afraid I'm another one who has to hold their hand up to not reading or reviewing much lately (for which I apologise.) I've been really taken up with writing and re-writing my own novel, and now it's finally finished hopefully I'll be able to get back to the SF side of my life.

I really am grateful to those people who've taken the time to leave reviews on my stories, and I know I have a duty to spread the gladness - all I need is a few more hours in the day!

Congratulations on completing it! Let us know when it's available!
Image.Image

Eireann
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eireann » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:57 pm

I submitted the first three chapters to a literary agency last weekend. Now begins the agonising business of waiting for a response - wish me luck! :roll:

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:10 am

:) Good luck!

I wonder if it's easier in the UK? You can't have as many agencies as we do. (Some fly-by-night ... we need Preditors and Editors to keep track of the fraudsters.)
Image.Image

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Good luck with your novel! Waiting to hear must be stressful. I hope you hear soon!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:43 pm

My book is currently being read by a new agent (at an established agency) that I just stumbled across on twitter. She was actively looking for women's fiction/literary fiction and I thought, what the hell, why not? The book looks good on Amazon with 81 reviews, but actual paid sales are quite pathetic, so I wouldn't mind getting a real publisher and actually getting into bookstores. Of course, the same thing could happen then, but if I got a decent advance first I wouldn't mind as much.

My little play won third place. The producer wants me to go in Tuesday. I'm hoping it's to hand over a check rather than to chastise me for something else I did wrong. Apparently there are a lot of unspoken rules in the theater world, or at least at that place, and I broke at least one of them (I showed up at an early rehearsal, and changed a line in the script that wasn't working. Oh the horror!)

And ... I finished the midterm grades for my four classes a full hour before they were due.

It's been crazy.
Image.Image

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Hope that new agent works out, Alelou. :D

I finally making some progress with this new chapter of World of Ice. I think I deleted more scenes and rewrote them in this chapter than I ever had before. Or I don't remember as such. I think the problem was I had an idea of what I was trying to show, but no scene in my head like I mostly have. The scenes I thought are going to be difficult were easy to write, because I had a clear image of them in my mind. What also didn't help was the fact I was annoyed by my level of English. At one point I thought I better start writing in Vulcan! :lol: Any way, two more scenes to write before this task is done.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:30 pm

panyasan wrote:... Any way, two more scenes to write before this task is done.

This is what is called a good new one.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:24 pm

Right now I actually have two multi-chapter stories in process at the same time. This is daring for me as I don't like to start putting up stories that I have not completed writing; it makes me very nervous. How do other people handle this? I even got an email from a reader which was kind of a poke :poke: for me 'to get on with it' and post the next chapter of one of the stories. I guess that is the difference between a fan writer and a professional writer, LOL - sticking to schedules so readers don't get bored with waiting. :oops:

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:09 pm

How do I understand you, Linda, my friend! :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”