How old was baby Elizabeth?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

auroraborealis
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

How old was baby Elizabeth?

Postby auroraborealis » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:11 pm

How old was she and how long did it take for her to be made. Nine months seems like too long because they said they had to try a lot before one stayed alive?
Thanks
Auroraborealis

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: How old was baby Elizabeth?

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:18 pm

Hey good question, well as for how old the baby was I can only guess so I'd say anywhere between 6 and 10 months old. Frankly if it was me I'd stay with 6 months. As to how long it took to create the clone for a successful gestation period, that is anyone's guess. We don't know how exactly they made up their evil science only that the mixed the DNA wrong. So I think you can be as creative as you want. But I'd say it sook at least a few months.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:26 pm

Paxton made a remark that she had been crying a lot, because of teethpain. I don't remember exactly when a baby gets teeth, but my guess is from 6 months on. I always assumed she was six months, but she did looked older to me.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:29 pm

TUCKER: Any idea who the hair belonged to?
PHLOX: I have a very good idea. (goes to the main monitor) It was from a child no more than six months old.

From the transcript of Demons, in case that helps.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:31 pm

Alelou wrote:
TUCKER: Any idea who the hair belonged to?
PHLOX: I have a very good idea. (goes to the main monitor) It was from a child no more than six months old.

From the transcript of Demons, in case that helps.

Somehow that six months was glued in my memory. Six months it is.
Love is a verb.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:34 pm

She was six months old when she died, I think. Given "Similitude" it's anyone's guess how long it actually took to grow her to viability, though. I would think that if time was short the Terra Primers would have made several embryos at once in the lab using different combinations of genes. It wasn't clear in the episode whether the embryos were carried to term in a human uterus or in an artificial incubator, I don't think. If they had surrogate mothers I would assume an eight to nine month gestation, since the human body is designed that way. Current science has no way of producing a viable child in an artificial incubator, but assuming the invention of such a technology one could always assume an accelerated gestation just like in "Similitude". The addition of growth factors into the incubator's amniotic fluid could possibly make the fetus grow faster. Once the child was decanted the accellerated growth would slow to normal rate. Accellerated growth would increase the risk of cancers, though. I'm thinking the reason the other embryos didn't survive is because they got cancers.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:37 pm

Doesn't it justifies Trip's distrust about T'Pol? :dunno: If you go back around 15 months from the date in Demons, then you get to November. It's stretching the argument a little but Harbinger happens in December, so... Perhaps that's what Trip was thinking.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:41 pm

Escriba wrote:Doesn't it justifies Trip's distrust about T'Pol? :dunno: If you go back around 15 months from the date in Demons, then you get to November. It's stretching the argument a little but Harbinger happens in December, so... Perhaps that's what Trip was thinking.

My thoughts exactly. I always thought that he was counting months back and thinking - it is possible, forgetting that he would have noticed it one way or another, because the first months they were stuck in the Expanse. But the guy had been under a lot of stress.
Love is a verb.

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:52 pm

I think the dates are all a little vague - my guess is Trip doesn't know how long Vulcan gestation periods are or how inclined they are to show - for all he knows she could have been pregnant when she married Koss and given birth while off Enterprise. She is an alien with different physiology. Of course it is a stretch - but so is the idea that someone would clone them without their consent.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:53 pm

To me, Distracted's observation is one of the saddest parts of this whole tragedy: Elizabeth was probably only one of a number of attempts to create a child. This isn't exactly like whipping up a chocolate cake without a recipe. If this ever occurred to Trip and/or T'Pol, that would only have increased their pain: to know that their children were someone's failed science experiments. At least Paxton had the decency to keep the failures out of their sight.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:44 pm

It is my belief that if T-Pol somehow got pregnant from seducing Trip in Harbinger she would show. she is very slim and a normal baby would stick out. Since the child is half human it's gestation peiod would be diferent than if the child was wholy Human or wholy vulcan. Don't believe T-Pol would have given Birth while going through the forge with ARcher. NOt sure when she ws off the ship for any extended period of time other than in the Forge Arc. Being beamed off the Enterprise and sold as aslave doesn't count. Phlox says that Elizabeth is six months old based on the Hair which has probably been taken from the Baby's head a few days before. if it is fifteen months to Harbinger that would seem like a long time for a half human/half vulcan child to gestate. Again am convinced T-Pol would show enough for Trip to notice and everyone else on Board Enterprise. When was baby Cloned? Dependinng on when Maseru stole the Dna and the doctors got started on the cloning. What would be the mix up in the DnA that doomed elizabeth? Probably the blood for elizabeth. Green or Red, Vulcan or Human. A mix of the two?
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:08 pm

Double Post, sorry.

In E2 I beliieve it was stated that the T-Pol on the generational Entrprise had several miscarriages before Lorain was successfuly carried to term and that it took that Doctor Phlox some time to develope what helped Lorain to be born. So, cannot see our TnT getting Pregnant without the help of Phlox. ceertainly not in the seduction scene in Harbinger. Perhaps later, who knows? But Phlox seems to be surprised at Elizabeths Birth.

also, in Demons Phlox assures Trip that he would know if T-Pol got Pregnant or if she had an Abortion. that would indicated an ongong intamcy between TnT that being the only way Trip would see T-Pol naked. so he would see the effects of an abortion. Also if she refused him Sex because of it.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:11 pm

Bottom line even if she only had an embryo inside of her for a week, something would have changed. My sister has had two miscarriges and is 6 months along with her son. We can tell when she's pregnant very quickly. So even if Trip was too stressed to notice Phlox probably would have, and heck dogs can tell too. Porthos would know. No way for her to keep it quiet not on a ship of 89. If any species has internal gestation the body will change rapidly for however long the gestation is supposed to last. Trip should remember that he has been pregnant.

As for Paxton he's just scum. And I'm sure TnT do mourn for any other babies lost. But they wanted the focus to be on Elizabeth.

And I'm absolutely certain T'Pol wouldn't have an abortion. It doesn't seem to be a choice Trek has promoted.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:18 pm

Oh, I agree that there is no logical way that T'Pol could have had a baby and hid it from Trip, Phlox or anyone else on the crew. But I can see where Trip would run through possible ways how that could have happened in his head upon discovering they had a child that he didn't know about. He knows a little something about the strange nature of alien pregnancies, after all. It's hardly logical to immediately think - hey, some xenophobic human group stole our DNA and cloned us so that people will be horrified by the result. It was a crazy situation in which nothing made sense.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:36 pm

Oh I'm not mad Trip thought it. It's just one of those things where if I were his sister I'd smack him backside on the the head and say "Are you finished? Now think rationally." Because it is just that ludicrous!

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”