AU or Not AU?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: AU or Not AU?

Postby Asso » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Silverbullet wrote:... I cannot see her abidcating her duty to the Eterprise, Crew, and Mission to care for Archer as a duty. After all "the needs of the many....." take precedence for a Vulcan.

Right.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:06 pm

Hence my gripe about the writers not caring she was a Vulcan at all in season 3.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:56 pm

I see "Twilight" as a wasted episode, more than anything else. I mean, with a developed and preconceived plot it would be great. It could even improve Archer's character, showing why the mission could fail without him. And no, I'm not talking about that "T'Pol ramming against the Xindi ship" stupidity. I mean that Archer was the only one that could change his take on the mission and join forces with Degra & company. Trip couldn't and I'm afraid that T'Pol being captain wouldn't have been able to convince the crew to do so (and yes, I'm aware I wrote an entire fic that depicts TnT solving the Xindi mission without Archer, but I admit I was using rose colored glasses there.)

It would be great if the episode could foreshadow or explain things like "What happenend to T'Pol's pa'nar syndrome? Because she sure looks healthy" or "What about Syrranites? Did the Romulans take control of Vulcan or were them too busy saving their skins from the Xindi?" You know, things like that :doubt:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:38 am

Oh that sounded lovely, and if Robbie McNeill had directed that... :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes: :loveeyes:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

michelle
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby michelle » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:22 am

My previous ships have been Data/Tasha, Spock/Chapel, Sarek/Amanda. All fan fics with these guys have the option of going any where, or being forced to go into total AU simply because they have no choice, like the A/T'P gang.

Most Trek fan fic based around shipping comes from major AUing, so I consider us pretty spoiled in that regard, that our couple is in the RU and Canon, and I don't care what anyone says,
SPOILER!!!:
TnT are married in the books and i say it's canon and RU
however, as much as i love the fact we actually got to see a romance develope between Trip and T'Pol on our screens, I have to say that it has limited the options writers can take while writing fic's if they want to stay true to the RU.

Also Trip and T'Pol's characters have went through alot of character defining experiences that are hard to get away from if you want explore other avenues. Vulcan, Human avenues, for instance I would love to see more AU fic's exploring the destinies of Trip and T'Pol if the RU were to have slit into and AU before season three, i would love to see what would happen to T'Pol and Trip if T'Pol had never been humanised, through Trellium or quitting the high command. i believe TnT would have gotten together without the panaar or trellium. If I had the talent and the discipline that's what i'd work on.

And I really miss all the unique (and hot) ways people came up with getting TnT together before season three.

Having said that, I LOVE all the fics that filled in the blacks or fleshed out what we saw on screen. And I loved the Not dead Trip revivals and the continuation stories of their lives after terra prime.

So basically i love MU AU RU Trek, i wish people in this commuity weren't so afraid of taking the characters to the weird and wackey.

Twilight was a waste of time, I know that who ever came up with that idea had a wonderful A/T'p romance planned but for whatever reason, directing, acting, scene planning, it just did not come across. Someone has already pointed out the bearly concealled horror on T'pol's face when Phlox mentions her "feelings" for Archer. All i saw was a deeply sympathetic care giver in T'pol and yes, like alot of people, i don't think there is a chance in hell that she would have relinquiched command to be a nurse.

They could have done a 50 first dates sort of thing, that never happened. If they had been together, if T'Pol had decided that she was going to inform Archer of the truth, every day, about the destruction of Earth, you'd think she'd also tell him the news that they were a couple.

The writers could have also went down the line that showed that some how Archer and T'Pol had formed a mate bond, maybe due to a ponn farr, and that even tho Archer's memories where gone a mate bond could have brought them together, but nothing like that was shown, it might have been interesting although it leaves me feeling a little quezy at the thought.

Where are these stories where Archer sleeps with T'Pol due to pon farr and it causes trouble for TnT? I havn't read thoes either. I also haven't read fics where T'pol is paired with other crew members and then has to make up with Trip... where are these fic's? I'd like to give them a read.

Thanks

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:36 am

for instance I would love to see more AU fic's exploring the destinies of Trip and T'Pol if the RU were to have slit into and AU before season three, i would love to see what would happen to T'Pol and Trip if T'Pol had never been humanised, through Trellium or quitting the high command.

Not to be too self-promotional, but way ahead of you. My story Implications, which is an E2 story totally goes AU and stops the Xindi attack, leaving it wide open for a non-Expanse season 3 story. Check out the conclusion, in which we meet the non-Expanse crew, including TnT.

Since I wrote that, four people have emailed me asking for a sequel. I may just do that.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:54 pm

i would love to see what would happen to T'Pol and Trip if T'Pol had never been humanised, through Trellium or quitting the high command. i believe TnT would have gotten together without the panaar or trellium. If I had the talent and the discipline that's what i'd work on.

So beautifully brilliant, I got teary-eyed. To tell the truth I wish I was brave enough to write it. But I don't want people to yell at me, I'm a great big baby.

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:17 pm

Michele, Archer and T-Pol never jelled. There was never any chemistry between the two on screen. Never any chemistry in the episodes. Archer simply was not for T-Pol in fans view at least not mine. I could not see Archer and T-Pol as a couple. It not only made me quezy it revolted me. If asked I doubt if I could adquately explain it. It is a notion that sticks in my craw. I have to fess up and it is knowon this board. I hate Archer. Have since almost the first episode. Ever see a person and took an instant dislike for the person but could not say why? The person may have been a great guy but you still disliked him. that is how I feel about Archer. Instant dislike. The sseries only confirmed my dislike. so, T-Pol getting involved with Archer is a big NO NO for me.

I have never seen Twilight, never will.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:28 pm

michelle wrote:
Also Trip and T'Pol's characters have went through alot of character defining experiences that are hard to get away from if you want explore other avenues. Vulcan, Human avenues, for instance I would love to see more AU fic's exploring the destinies of Trip and T'Pol if the RU were to have slit into and AU before season three, i would love to see what would happen to T'Pol and Trip if T'Pol had never been humanised, through Trellium or quitting the high command. i believe TnT would have gotten together without the panaar or trellium. If I had the talent and the discipline that's what i'd work on.

Escriba's Beyond Death is good for this. Also I suspect her "Disruption" would fit the bill ... if it were ever FINISHED!! :poke:
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:45 pm

Oh, you are so not making feel me guilty... OK, actually you are, but I can do nothing to change it :oops: I have around six pages of chapter 6 written, if it's of any consolation (even if I really don't feel like writing more :?)

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

pdsldl
Captain
Captain

Postby pdsldl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:57 pm

michelle wrote: So basically i love MU AU RU Trek, i wish people in this commuity weren't so afraid of taking the characters to the weird and wackey.

Not sure what you mean by weird and wacky here Michelle?
Always Follow Your Heart

http://psdunc.wordpress.com/

Pitseleh
Commander
Commander

Postby Pitseleh » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:04 pm

Perhaps she means going totally AU, like the sort of stuff we read when people were writing TnT fic way back in Seasons 1 or 2 and nothing was established. Although some of those stories now feel a bit OOC because the show later did a bunch of character development, the stories were innovative and oh so far away from what we eventually watched... Some of them are really awesome. Now I understand that writers have a bunch of things that some could see as guidelines and others could see as limitations; back when Tnt fic started, there was nothing to go on other than the fact those two had chemistry from day one.
Image for avatar found in Enterprise Oddities; created by ivymae

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:33 pm

I agree. Some of my favorites are from the old HoT during season 2. They were amazing!

Fics

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:03 pm

My feeling about T-Pol and Trip are that she is a Vulcan and vulcans mate for life, form a bond and that bond makes itimpossible for them to be unfaithful to one another. Since T-Pol was able to mate with Trip that meant she was aVirgin when she seduced him because she had not mated with any other if she had she could not mate with Trip (Vulcans don't do casual Sex or one night stands for them it is too important so it is all or nothing) also why she would not hop into bed with any of the other crew members. Least way that is how I see it and I ain't gonna change my mind.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:09 pm

Silverbullet What are you talking about? I don't think anyone was talking about AU stories where T'Pol was in love with another man. And yes, while Vulcans matefor life it is possible for them to physically have sex with someone else. Otherwise a poor guy in Pon Farr across the galaxy with no hope of getting home is a dead man. Does he really deserve to die? Not in my mind he doesn't. It just almost never happens.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”