The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Rigil's New Endeavour thread...

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu May 17, 2007 3:08 pm

Evidently, my roommate brought my Muse back with him last night. It appears that she was, for some reason, visiting Oman. Weird, weird woman...

I'm not 100% satisfied with this scene, but when exactly am I satisfied?

Act 3, Scene 3 is up.

On the Horizon...

=/\= =/\= =/\=

Up at Fanfiction.net for those of you who prefer it there.

=/\= =/\= =/\=

For those of you who want to start over ('cause I've taken so damned long), you can find it at my site here or over at Fanfiction.net
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Rigil's New Endeavour thread...

Postby Shakabutt » Thu May 17, 2007 3:56 pm

Your roomate is a girl?

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu May 17, 2007 4:05 pm

No, the Muse he apparently took with him for his combat tour of duty is a girl.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Thu May 17, 2007 4:16 pm

Thats too bad ,having a girl for a roommate is very cool Razz Razz

Now i'm gonna go read the chapter ,i hope your muse doesn't run of soon ! Smile

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu May 17, 2007 4:59 pm

Cool Rigil I'm so glad you updated your story I liked the latest chapter with Paul Mayweather and the space battle was well done. It's nice to see the references about the space boomers and the Romulan drones.

krn
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby krn » Thu May 17, 2007 5:04 pm

Hooray! Rigil's Muse is back!:happyjump:

While it was great to see Paul & the Horizon kick some ass... What about Trip?!? The suspense is killing me! His ship is getting fraked, he's injured in some way, his command staff is hurt, Hess might be loosing a hand -- Your muse better get her priorities straight and quick! More Trip!

OK, rant over. Very Happy Another great space battle chappie -- your descriptions (as always) are such that I have no trouble visualizing the scene.

knowing my luck, the next scene is with Archer..... Rolling Eyes
--
I got hugged

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Thu May 17, 2007 6:14 pm

I already commented on ff.net. But it deserves another one.

I really like the way you are handling Paul. The idea that the Boomers who survived Thor's Cradle turned out to be fanatacial converts rings true to me. It tracks with what I know of Human nature. It also makes sense that they would be the ones most likely to survive the battle, being the most experienced in space. So like I said on ff.net, I really hope Paul makes it. I liked Travis, he was one of my favorites. I want to see his brother kick some butt in his name.

And I, too, want to know how Anna's hand turns out.
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu May 17, 2007 7:07 pm

Thanks.

I agree with you, BnB, about Travis as indicated by my repeated usage of him over at Foundations. I think that CX originally had him listed as a "secondary character", but I used him so frequently in the episodes that I penned that it sort of bumped him to full time status.

Had I known that I was going to actually write these Endeavour fics waaaaay back when I originally wrote Elysium, I think that Travis would have probably survived. Alas, hindsight and all that...

The idea that the Boomers who survived Thor's Cradle turned out to be fanatacial converts rings true to me. It tracks with what I know of Human nature. It also makes sense that they would be the ones most likely to survive the battle, being the most experienced in space.

Get off my page, brother! Laughing

And krn will be happy to know that the next scene (which is about halfway done) is not from Archer's POV ... although the scene after that is. Twisted Evil

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu May 17, 2007 9:16 pm

I've enjoyed Paul Mayweather in your stories it does make sense after thor's cradle they'd join Starfleet and want to get eeven with the Romulans. I hope we get to find out more about the Romulan drone ships. Are there going to be any Aenar used as a weapon again? Anyway I like what you've done with the story so far and am anxiously waiting to see what happened to Trip. Cool

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri May 18, 2007 1:19 am

Yay! More Endeavour! Happy Jump It feels like it's been such a long time! Now go chain that fickle muse to your bedpost or something! Wink

I liked the scene. Another ass-kicking battle. Very Happy Paul Mayweather is a great character and I do hope he makes it. I like his aggressive attitude in a fight such as this one. And that thought about converts is spot on!

Now, I have one nit to pick. You mention the saucer section of a Daedalus-class vessel. Um, they have a spherical section! Raspberry
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri May 18, 2007 2:39 am

Well, what else would it be called? If you know what the official name of that section is (ala the "engineering hull" for the lower part), let me know so I can amend it...

So ... nobody remembers the importance of Hyperion, huh? Twisted Evil

Sig by Chrisis1033.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri May 18, 2007 11:41 am

The engineering hull is officially refered to as the secondary hull, and the other section is called the primary hull.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri May 18, 2007 7:08 pm

Stupid names. Ah well.

Act 3, Scene 4 is up.

The end is nigh...

=/\= =/\= =/\=

Up at Fanfiction.net for those of you who prefer it there.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Fri May 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Hehe ,that was quick ,you made the muse work double shifts to make up fo lost time Laughing .

Going to read Razz

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri May 18, 2007 7:21 pm

Actually, this scene has been mostly done for a while now, so all I had to do was adjust it and finish it. The previous scene is what was holding act 3 up. My original plan for the act was for it be an "all woman" POV act, with the first scene being from CPT Ebadi of UES Atlantis being the first POV character. Unfortunately, she totally refused to cooperate (knowing that I was about to kill her off, I guess), so I cut that scene and made the planned second scene of the act (T'Pol) the first one, the planned third scene (Hess) the second and so on.

As a funny aside, I present to you (for reading after the above scene) an amusing display of my anal-retentiveness. Master List of Characters. Heh.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”