The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Rigil's New Endeavour thread...

Postby JadziaKathryn » Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:52 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Two, he and T'Pol don't know if they can have kids or not. Her injury is pretty bad. Both of them have put this out of their mind, and Trip will probably reflect that they can adopt if it comes down to it. Note: I do not say that they can't have kids, merely that they don't know if they can or not.
That works better for me. Somehow, saying definitively that they can't have kids is extinguishing a hope that we, the readers, need.

*still hoping Malcolm escapes Harris's clutches*

It makes a lot of sense to end with Trip's promotion, too, because it really signifies the end of one era and the beginning of another.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:48 pm

JadziaKathryn wrote:It makes a lot of sense to end with Trip's promotion, too, because it really signifies the end of one era and the beginning of another.

That's my thinking as well ... all of this is predicated, of course, on me convincing the Muse that this is a good idea. 8)
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:56 pm

:) I like that alot better that there's a chance they could still have kids there's hope and that's a good thing to have.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:21 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Um ... why? The original will still be available at HoT, and that is the ultimate destination I'm aiming the project toward. Just because I'm rewriting that act (or rather, trying to ... it's not cooperating quite as well as I'd hoped, and I really wish I hadn't deleted the original ending 2 years ago...), doesn't mean that the objective is going to change...

I thought a long time, but, at last, I believe I must say what I think.
I am sorry, but I continue to think the attractive things should not be changed, even risking some inconsistency.
The greater weight story from among Italian literature is "I promessi sposi" by Alessandro Manzoni. There are other versions which precede the definitive one, for example "Fermo e Lucia". I read also these versions and I must say it is bad that some beautiful things were lost.
I understand that I will be able always to find in right spot the version that I love, but it is different .In my head I always will think that that version is only one amongst some. And this will displease me.
But naturally this is my own problem.
Nevertheless, I hope that the Muses assist you in lots of thing, because I like very much your stories; but, without offence, not for this story. :wink:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:12 pm

Well, I hate to say it, but the current version that is at my personal site or at Fanfiction.net is already different from the older version at HoT. I've tweaked some paragraphs, fixed some errors, adjusted some really bad grammar, etc. These final scenes will ultimately appear at the very end of the series ... although I'll probably remove the -1701 from the final result and replace it with something else. One of the ideas I've had (and how I would have ended Enterprise) is to have Jon Archer watching as a young boy (Robert April, the first captain of the NCC-1701) play with the very same kind of model that little Jonny Archer was playing with at the very beginning of Broken Bow. I just love that symmetry, ya know?
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:55 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Well, I hate to say it, but the current version that is at my personal site or at Fanfiction.net is already different from the older version at HoT. I've tweaked some paragraphs, fixed some errors, adjusted some really bad grammar, etc. These final scenes will ultimately appear at the very end of the series ... although I'll probably remove the -1701 from the final result and replace it with something else. One of the ideas I've had (and how I would have ended Enterprise) is to have Jon Archer watching as a young boy (Robert April, the first captain of the NCC-1701) play with the very same kind of model that little Jonny Archer was playing with at the very beginning of Broken Bow. I just love that symmetry, ya know?

All right! :cry:
I tried. :wink:
However that may be, I want you know Elysium is to me one of greatest stories I ever readed. :D
Without Flattery. :)
Really! :loveeyes:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Zane Gray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Zane Gray » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:19 pm

Holy crap, Rigil. Now you've got what... two or three stories going? Man. You're like the marathon man of Trip/T'Pol fiction! ;)

When is the next chapter due, and which story should I watch...?
Zane Gray

"I'll see you again after this Romulan business is finished. I promise."

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:54 am

Well, with school now back in session, my output will be significantly reduced. As to what and when the next chapter is, I dunno. Whatever the Muse dictates.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Zane Gray
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Zane Gray » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:02 pm

May I put in a request for Divergent Paths? I don't know how many chapters you'd planned the story to be, but it seems to have reached a critical point of some kind. ;)
Zane Gray

"I'll see you again after this Romulan business is finished. I promise."

cherryblossomjen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby cherryblossomjen » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:32 am

Can I second the motion?

I'll admit I check startrekendeavor.com and fanfiction.net daily to see if "Janus" or "Divergent Paths" have updated.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:42 am

Zane Gray wrote:I don't know how many chapters you'd planned the story to be, but it seems to have reached a critical point of some kind. ;)

I have no idea how long it's going to be either. As long as the Muse dictates, I suppose. I have a "rudimentary" plan (not really an outline, per se) about what I want to do with TnT, but it keeps changing as I write a new scene and the like.

But, again, it's predicated on my spare time which is much more limited now that school has resumed.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

cherryblossomjen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby cherryblossomjen » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:10 am

Rigel, maybe you can explain something to me? I suspect it may have been covered somewhere amidst this post's 47 pages but I've yet to find it.

The Endeavor series is a sequel to Elysium, right? But to what extent do the events in Endeavor line up with events outlined in the epilogue of Elysium? Well, I know its not called an epilogue but I'm referring to when we jump forward in time 20+ years and are filled in on the status of events by Archer.

For example, in the last part of the story (Act Five, Scene 6) we get an outline of events that occur post war with the Romulans. (BTW, I'm putting anything that might spoil the plot for any one who has yet to read it under a tab).
SPOILER!!!:
Example: They resign their commisions, get married, eventually get pregnant...

Yet some things aren't mentioned in Archer's 'epilogue'
SPOILER!!!:
like Malcom's return from the dead.

Although, I've only so far read up to Act 1 of Endeavor Pandora, so I'm thinking Archer may never know that Malcolm wasn't killed at Elysium... and thus couldn't tell the audience. I'll have to keep reading to see, I suppose.

do happen in Endeavor. Can I assume that events in Endeavor will play out to mostly fit in line with Elysium? Or should I think of it as being its own AU set after the Elysium battle?

I think part of why I'm confused is that I'm reading too quickly and not absorbing enough of the details. I have a habit of doing that. Anyway, tell me if I lost you with my rambling.
Last edited by cherryblossomjen on Sun Aug 26, 2007 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

cherryblossomjen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby cherryblossomjen » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:13 am

:duh:

I'm an idiot. I just found the answer two pages back.

That's what I get for trying to look from the beginning of this thread and not from the back first.

So yeah, ignore my entire post please.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:24 am

Well ... glad I could help. 8)

And, in the interests of accuracy, it's Endeavour with a U. The British spelling, like the space shuttle or Captain Cook's ship. :D

Sig by Chrisis1033.

cherryblossomjen
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby cherryblossomjen » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:19 am

Endeavour with a u, got it.

You should know I've just spoiled myself silly reading through your post on the 'Brunette Jolene' board about your plans for "Janus."

I stopped myself before getting to your plans for the end but t was difficult. Very difficult.

Still, I think I'd rather be surprised and watch (read, whatever) things play out without any hint beyond my own speculation as to what will happen. I say that now, but watch me drift back in search of more later. Such is my relationship with spoilers.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”