The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Rigil's New Endeavour thread...

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:07 am

Doing a bit of necromancy here to resurrect this thread - not sure if all of you are aware or not, but I'm participating in Nanowrimo this year and am working on both Endeavour: Amaterasu and Endeavour: Xolotl for this. Thus far, I have been amazingly productive, and if you wish to see the results of my labor, the teaser and first three acts of Amaterasu are all online at my website.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:54 am

Considering how long your muse was AWOL, she's really been going at full pelt lately - me likes Image

Transwarp
Captain
Captain

Postby Transwarp » Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:00 am

I was excited to see updates to the Star Trek: Endeavour series, but it didn't take me long to realize that I had forgotten almost everything that came before. No problem, I thought, I'll just read the whole series over again.

I did, and it's even better than I remember from the first time through. I just finished the first eight installments, and all I can say is 'Wow'. The first seven were very good, but it was the eighth (Endeavour: Media) that completely blew me away.

[spoilers ahead]

Let's see, where to begin?

The teaser (a Romulan transcript of a video recording) was a little confusing. I had to re-read it a couple of times trying to sort out what was going on, but I eventually got it. It foreshadowed what was coming, and effectively ramped up the tension later on as I read Archer's preparations for the raid on Admiral Gardner's house.

Then there was the rendezvous with Vahklas and the recovered shuttlepod from Lorian's Enterprise. I didn't see THAT coming, but evidently Lorian's Enterprise survived and is still out there somewhere. Then Rajiin turns up at Gardner's house, and Hayes wins a Vulcan slave in a fight with a Klingon, and a saboteur gets loose on Endeavour, and we see the near-disaster of the raid on Gardner's house, and Soval's covert mission to confront T'Pau, and Shran's covert meeting to plan a coup, and then Endeavour is ordered into the expanse.

ALL of it had me on the edge of my seat.

There was so much to like in this chapter that I felt like a kid in a candy store. No, more like a kid with an unlimited line of credit in a candy store.

So I'm caught up now, and ready to tackle Endeavour: Amaterasu. But for you, Rigil Kent, there can be no more long hiatus' or extended vacations. You *must* write, and you *must* finish this, and that thing called 'real life' be damned!
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:24 am

Transwarp wrote:You *must* write, and you *must* finish this, and that thing called 'real life' be damned!

Agreed. If it weren't for your Location tag, I'd say the same about you and Convicted :) It's been a whole few days already since the last update :angel:

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:09 pm

Act 4 is on the Pit of Voles. Its been on the website for a little while. I intend on uploading Act 5 to the website later today - the software I use to maintain my site is on my laptop, which is at home.

Many thanks for the positive vibes...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:15 pm

Amaterasu is complete on my website.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Pennjazz
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Pennjazz » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:16 pm

I have really enjoyed your previous chapters of Endeavour. I am looking forward to more...Image Image

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:06 am

I agree, although perhaps "looking forward" is putting it too mildly.

I'm keenly anticipating the next chapter. :D

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:51 am

:popcorn: I just finished reading the last part Maeratsu that was one heck of a cliffhanger.I can't wait to find out what happens in the next Endeavour story. And out How Trip and T'Pol find away to stop the Xindi and the Romulan threat:duel: :ship: :trip: :tpol: :duel:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”