September 09 Word Prompt! :)

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

September 09 Word Prompt! :)

Postby Aquarius » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:20 pm

I bet y'all thought I was going to forget to do this, didn't you??? Truth was I've had this word in mind for a while now, but I got so busy yesterday that by the time I had time for the computer, I was busy passing out in front of the TV with a cat in my lap. :oops:

Any way, it's hard to believe I've been doing these for a year now! Yup, the very first one was September '08. I found Triaxian Silk fresh after saying goodbye to Star Trek The Experience in Vegas (hard to believe THAT'S been gone for a year now already!) and stumbling onto an Enterprise viewer's choice marathon on one of those "nothing's on TV" days.

So most of you have seen this often enough to know how this goes. For those who are newer and would like to give it a try (and I encourage you to do so!) this is how it works: I give you a word, and you write a story about Trip and/or T'Pol based on whatever that word brings to your mind. You do not have to include the word specifically in your story, but we should see the connection between the word and your idea. There are no restrictions on length, and you can do whatever style or genre you want (poetry, humor, romance, action, etc.). You may post it to this thread if it's suitable for general audiences and not terribly long, or you may submit it for archival if it's a longer piece or if it has mature content. A new prompt will be posted this time next month, but that does not mean this one "expires" as we have a "never too late" policy.

Now normally I prefer to use random words rather than anything that corresponds to a holiday or other theme, but since this month marks the first complete year we've been doing these prompts, your word this month is...

ANNIVERSARY

Now, try to think outside of the box a bit. Sure, you could go for the obvious wedding/dating/first kiss kind of anniversary, but how many other ways can you use the word?
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: September 09 Word Prompt! :)

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:42 pm

I'll have to wait and do it at home. Doing this justice in the basement of Grammy's appartment building where the computer LAB is, isn't an option. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:32 pm

These prompts are great! Every month I enjoy reading the thread with a kind of stories and the stories that are posted. Muse is a bit quiet now, I am still struggling with the last one. :lol: :lol:
Last edited by panyasan on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:34 pm

What you CANNOT stop writing! No. Unless something in life came up where you can't. In that case I'll have to seriously mourn your absense. :cry:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:45 pm

I changed my post above, but yes, I am thinking of taking a break. I will finish The Captives and the fic I am writing now.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:49 pm

Don't scare me like that! If you were to completely stop writing this site would suffer a great loss. I'm not your only fan just possibly the biggest. :-p

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Breaks are okay as long as they're not permanent. 8)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Asso
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Asso » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Barefeet - The finest example of bad writing.
Yummy!!!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:54 pm

How was is bad writing? Every entery (excluding my own of course) was riviting.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:59 pm

WarpGirl wrote:How was is bad writing? Every entery (excluding my own of course) was riviting.
It's a joke. Remember your remark in one of the threads (about Silverbullet's story that TnT run off to Vegas to get married) that Trip and T'Pol were famous in their time and reporters were chasing them? You gave me an idea. In the story I am writing, T'Pol meets a reporter who has written a bad piece about her. Also I am toying with a cliché and I am trying a couple of new things, that normally I don't think I am very good at.
Love is a verb.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:02 pm

OMG people actually remember what I said! :shock: :guffaw: Trust me I like farce as much as the next person. Go forth and conquer PLEASE! :guffaw: :happyjump:

Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:59 am

Okay, so instead of writing the next chapter of Family Secrets, I did a little missing scene for this challenge. As soon as Aquarius posted the word, I knew that I didn't want to do a traditional romantic anniversary, so here's what I did. It's along the lines of Barefoot. Low key and the relationship hasn't yet turned romantic. Rated PG-13 only for alcohol consumption and some mild swearing.

Tell Me A Story

I've linked to a posting on Fanfic.net, since it is kind of long. If people like it, I'll polish it up and archive it here.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:11 am

You had better post that hear Dear. THAT WAS WONDERFUL! :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: :happyjump: Did you watch or read Tom Sawyer or Huckleberry Finn before writing it? I have a tendency to listen to certain music when writing. I love how you have them drinking Irish ale, maybe Guiness (?) I happen to have Trip's favorite drink as Irish single malt whiskey. I wanted to give him his own drink instead of tying him to Archer's. It's in the intoxication Prompt I think it's September 08. Anyway POST IT! I thought it was too short. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:15 am

That's WarpGirl! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'll make a few little changes, and send it on to the archivist. I enjoy writing the "they aren't in love yet" scenes.

It's actually Irish Ale, not stout, which Guinness is. Stout really needs to be enjoyed on tap and frankly it is best in Ireland, but you can do ale in bottles! So, it was probably something like Smithwick's or Caffery's.

I refreshed my memory of the book with good ole Wikipedia, but she was always going to react to the fate of the villain because that traumatized me as a kid.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Shows you what I know about booze! :lol: Well my family is crawling with alcohlolics and I kind of only have one drink with dinner at times so... Anyway My sister was always Traumatized as a kid because of Injun Joe alive or dead. We couldn't watch or read either book or movie for years until she could deal with it. I'm so happy you're posting it here.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”