Proposal: An E2 Virtual Series?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aeverett
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Proposal: An E2 Virtual Series?

Postby aeverett » Wed May 16, 2007 11:59 pm

Just wondering, who here would be up, and by up I mean, willing to work on with me, a virtual series based on Lorian's Enterprise' journies through the Expanse? I was thinking something along the lines of a concurently running series, that is the series would begin on the exact same day the farmer in Oklahoma shoots that Klingon courrier in 'Broken Bow', and 'Star Trek: Enterprise' begins. In short, what adventures were Lorian, Karyn Archer, and their crew having when the Enterprise we know and love was going on all their missions?

The titles I'm leaning towards are 'Star Trek: Second Enterprise', or 'Star Trek: E2', or 'Star Trek: Expanse'.

So, any opinions? Potential staff? Better Ideas? Anything?

Post here or email me at futuresmc@yahoo.com to comment or offer assistance. I will likely write a pilot episode when my fanfic series 'Living Beyond' is finished, but I'd like to see this turn into a collaborative Virtual series if possible.

justTripn
Consigliere
Show On Map: No

Re: Proposal: An E2 Virtual Series?

Postby justTripn » Thu May 17, 2007 12:26 am

Can I be a beta? I wrote 3 stories, or 7 chapters in the E-squared universe, although the time period was when Lorian was 14-17. So I'm and "expert" in that AU!
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Thu May 17, 2007 5:10 am

It's been done a lot, but I would just recommend to try and stay away from other authors' stories on it so that you can be certain of your originality. Otherwise you start (or I do) feeling like you're just reguritating what others have already done.

I think it's a realm that has a LOT of potential for story writing and it's been tapped a little bit, like JT said, she's written a few, HR's based her whole huge series on it but that was the after-parts.

But I'd enjoy reading it, I've always thought there was a ton of potential there.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Kenshin
Imager

Postby Kenshin » Thu May 17, 2007 5:55 am

I'm not really that interested in it.

Linda
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Linda » Fri May 18, 2007 2:00 pm

I am interested enough to read the stories, but have other things I want to write about. I probably would not write an E2 story.
Working on a major fan fic project. Two-thirds done. Hope to put it up in the not TOO distant future.

boushh
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby boushh » Fri May 18, 2007 5:19 pm

I'd be interested in reading it. Smile

Bookworm
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Bookworm » Sun May 20, 2007 6:28 pm

I wont promise anything since I might be really busy and I have several other stories I'm trying to write.
But if I have time at some point I might be interested in writing something. But I have to warn you that since I'm not native English speaker my writing is really slow. But I like the idea of E2 virtual Series.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Sun May 20, 2007 7:08 pm

Didn't Ableone start something like that?

aeverett
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby aeverett » Sun May 20, 2007 10:24 pm

Didn't Ableone start something like that?

I don't know. If they did, I'd like to read it. My 'Living Beyond' story is still my primary focus now, but I hope to at least write a pilot for the series afterwards.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Mon May 21, 2007 1:08 am

"By Special Authorization" would make a very good pilot to a series based on E2.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon May 21, 2007 1:14 am

I think many of you are missing the point. This would not be the Enterprise of Archer's era, just emerging from the subspace corridor and now facing the prospect of being 100+ years in the past (which I think would be pretty interesting to read if it was in the vein of Ableone's fic up until Trip's death ... at which point, I'd likely lose interest). This would be Lorian's Enterprise ... which has already been in the Expanse for a 100 years. The only character from the original crew still surviving would be T'Pold.

While I might be interested in reading this should you get it written, I'm already stretched too thin to lend assistance (between my Endeavour series and the Foundations project), not to mention, the absence of both Trip and Young!T'Pol would make it hard for me to get really excited about writing anything since they are, despite my many and oft-stated complaints about their characterization, the reason I tuned into the show.

Good luck!
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

aeverett
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby aeverett » Mon May 21, 2007 1:30 am

I just looked up 'Ableone' in the 'House of Tucker' shipper site's fanfiction page, and I only found 1 story, in 3 parts, entitled 'By Special Authorization'. However, this story is a TnT story. It covers the events leading up to TnT's wedding. While I loved the fic, it wouldn't be relevant to my series.

My hope is to cover Lorian's Enterprise in its last 2 years and 10 months, before the episode E2. Outside of T'Pol, all the Enterprise's original crewmembers are long gone, and their descendents are running the ship. It would be a spinoff series. The only time we'd get any original character cameos would be the Elderly T'Pol scenes, a rare flashback of Lorian's, and occasionally transmissions that were sent from the original Enterprise series, such as that ceremony broadcast in 'Broken Bow' when Enterprise first leaves spacedock, and Zephram Cochran's speech from 80 years before is played. This will help readers keep up with where Enterprise is chronologically, while otherwise keeping it out of series itself.

The way I'm beginning to see it, this is the final countdown of an event 116 years in the making, and then the additional year from the first Xindi probe attack to when Lorian and Karyn board Enterprise in E2. The ship now has to take more risks as they prepare for the big day. The Xindi are already constructing the weapon, so recon has to be done. More allies have to be aquired in order to gain possible advantages to make themselves more capable of destroying the first Xindi weapon, and then to give to Archer when that failes. Up until this point, the mission has been survive, reproduce, and educate the kids. Unlike in the 'Voyager' series, where they too had a primary mission in getting home, Archer and then Lorian, shied away from going out of their way to make first contacts and explore the Expanse, as not to risk the ship and her crew. Now, they are heading into the final stretch where they can't afford so much caution, where training must be stepped up, where real adventure can take place. That's where the series would begin.

justTripn
Consigliere

Postby justTripn » Mon May 21, 2007 1:59 am

It always annoyed me that Lorian's Enterprise didn't drop the kids off on a nearby planet before the attack on the weapon. Do you have a theory to explain that?
I'm donating my body to science fiction.

aeverett
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby aeverett » Mon May 21, 2007 2:43 am

Only that there was likely no place to 'drop' them. Remember, many are hybrids in a pre-Federation era, so whereever they would go, they would likely face prejudice. The Expanse is an extremely dangerous, hope-sucking, region of space, and I doubt the Xindi were the only species whose homeworld was destroyed by the sphere's and their anomolies. In short, from what we saw of Season 3, nobody there was happy about it, and under those circumstances, I doubt any babysitters would have been found, much less any planet that could provide a safe environment. Enterprise was probably as safe as place in that wasteland.

My question is why they didn't hire merceneries to help them attack the weapon? In human history, mass displacement like that always preduces a bumpercrop of soldiers for hire, and its not like they would need them long term, just to destroy the weapon.

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Mon May 21, 2007 2:50 am

aeverett wrote:My question is why they didn't hire merceneries to help them attack the weapon? In human history, mass displacement like that always preduces a bumpercrop of soldiers for hire, and its not like they would need them long term, just to destroy the weapon.

Problem #1: How is a lone ship struggling to survive in a hostile region of space going to pay mercenaries?
Problem #2: For mercenaries to help the alternate crew would bring the wrath of the Xindi down on them, which could be a powerful deterrent since there are an awful lot of them.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”