Fanfiction Submission Guidelines & Browser Best Practices

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Elessar
Site Owner

Fanfiction Submission Guidelines & Browser Best Practices

Postby Elessar » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:59 am

As a result of some of the issues that have cropped up over the last several weeks with posted stories, the admins and I have had some discussions about how to continue to provide the best possible service and counter the bugs we've all noticed from time-to-time in the submissions.

Browser

The conclusions drawn have been that a large number of issues stem from the administrative and client use of the Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0-8.0 web browsers. While IE is the most commonly used browser in the world, internally they work differently from the W3C-compliance followed by a large percentage of the worldwide internet and consequently, are not always one-to-one compatible with code written compatible for Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and other popular alternative browsers.

While we recognize and support the right for patrons to use the browser of their choice and will continue to support IE 6+ functionality, the limited time and resources of our volunteer administrative and technical staff makes this an undertaking that is bound to suffer a few setbacks. It is for this reason that we officially recommend Triaxian Silk be viewed with Mozilla Firefox 3.0+ or Apple Safari 4.0+.

Submissions

We have always strived to bend to the individual user and accept multiple document formats. However, we request that any users writing in Office 2007 or 2008 back-save their documents to .doc (Office 97-2003 format). A screen shot of the option can be found in the New Fanfic! thread of the Trip and T'Pol Section of the forums.
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”