August '09 Word Prompt!!

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Re: August '09 Word Prompt!!

Postby honeybee » Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:26 am

Thanks, warpgirl. Alelou is the queen of the missing scenes, but I consider that one as a kind of "sequel" to hers.
Last edited by honeybee on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:27 am

That was lovely. A nice little respite between them before the sh*t hits the fan...

I hope nobody here feels abashed about doing their own missing scenes. The genre existed long before I came to it. I just ... got a little obsessive about it. :)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:30 am

And that was a good thing I know someone working on season 2. Now I'm working on my other little barefoot snippit. You opened Pandora's box Alelou. :twisted: :badgrin:
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:33 am

Not feeling "abashed", Alelou, just giving you your props!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:26 am

Well honeybee you more then hold your own. OK since Alelou can't seem to picture our fair leading man doing his little sister's pedicure, I had to come up with something to prove it. I get that it might not be for some, but I got back from my niece's wake tonight, finally had my crying jag. Now I need something fluffy...

Trip walked into the house with a spring in his step, he had just recieved the news that he was being put in the most advanced science and math classes in his high school. Ever since he had decided that being a starship engineer was what he wanted out of life, he worked tirelessly to attain his goal. In fact, his teachers and counselors had told him he could move ahead in all of his classes. But he had decided that being the only 16 year old in math and science classes was enough. He'd stay with his friends for his humanities classes, and electives. He was so happy that he almost missed the sound of whimpering coming from the library. Worried that Lizzy might be in pain from her recent broken arm, he went to check it out.

Truthfully thinking about Lizzy's broken arm made him angry. It wouldn't have even happened if it wasn't for the stupidity of her friends. She was only 12, he couldn't figure out how her friends could be more stupid than his were. They simply weren't old enough. Yet somehow they were. Last weekend he had taken the little group out sailing after his father threatened never to let him work on another boat engin again. Well one of the "little darlings" decided it would be oh-so-fun to climb up the mast. And before he could stop the little demon, the kid was already up there and to scared to come down. So of course the kids started screaming, which made the errent child hysterical. So then Trip was left to figure out, how to calm down the mob of kids, keep the boat on course, and get the other kid down where he belonged. And before he could think of anything Lizzy was scrambling up faster than any monkey could possibly climb. Somehow, she managed to calm the kid down. That left him time to drop anchor and rally the other screaming brats into submission. Then he started scrambling up himself, trying to get them both down safely. Lizzy just calmly kept talking to the boy, gently encouraging him to start back down. And when he finally reached the kid, he was ready to be led safely back down. As soon as he got the idiot boy back on deck, Lizzy started down. But somehow her foot slipped causing her to lose her balance and fall the remaining 15 feet. Thankfully he had been quick enough to catch her before she seriously hurt herself. But the damage was done, her arm was broken in two places. That meant eight weeks in a cast. His mood hadn't improved when the demon child showed up a day later with roses, and her favorite candy. The minature creep had a crush on his sister! Well he just had one thing to say about that... NOT HAPPENING, STAY AWAY!

He found her curled up on the leather couch, her masses of blond hair flowing free and tangled as she cried. Inwardly he sighed. Why did he have to be cursed with such a pretty sister? Sure Maeve was beautiful, but she also ate the opposite sex for breakfast. He and Liam didn't have to worry about too many guys with her. But since Liam got married and moved to Ireland, it was up to him to look out for the girls. And Lizzy was small, taking after his grandmother. She was blond, she was fair without freckles, she had sweet baby blue eyes, and she had dimples. All in all, she was soon to be a walking guy catcher. It was starting already, the next few years were going to be a nightmare for her poor big brother. Putting those bothersome thoughts aside, big brother got ready to solve whatever problem was making Lizzy cry...

"Are you hurtin' Squirt? Should I get mama?"

"No," she whimpered.

"Scootch over, and tell me what's wrong."

"No."

"I can't help you if I don't know what's wrong Squirt. And I won't have you cryin' like this, so tell me."

"You'll laugh at me. There's no way you'd help me with this!" she snapped.

"Now, how do you know I'll do that if you won't tell me what you need Lizzy? Be sensible and tell me what's botherin' you, or I will get mama."

"It's my toes." Lizzy mumbled into a pillow.

"Darlin' I can't understand a word you're sayin'. Look at me!"

"IT'S MY TOES!" she screamed in frustration.

"You're toes? What about them? Did you get hurt?" Was this girl trying to kill him? If she got hurt again he was going to blow.

"No you idiot! Look at my toes. They're horrible!" she wailed.

Trip did as he was told, knowing that dealing with a crying Lizzy meant just doing what she said. So he looked at her toes. At first he was relieved she hadn't been hurt, or bitten by anything. He was having enough nightmares about her fall as it was. But looking closer he saw her toes were smeared with globs of lavender nail polish. Now he was confused.

"Let me get this straight, you're cryin' because you painted you're toes?"

Lizzy finally looked up at him, but this time her look was enough to kill. "You are an absolute MORON! You can't possibly be as smart as they say you are. I'm crying because the polish is a mess, and I have to be at the Cole's for a pool party in four hours! It's bad enough I have to wear this awful cast, but my feet will look terrible too. I can't paint them because I broke my left arm Trip. I'm left-handed REMEMBER!"

"OK OK, simmer down Darlin' I'm tryin' to help you here. Why don't you ask mama, or Maeve to help you?"

Lizzy calmed down some now that she knew her big brother wasn't going to laugh or humiliate her. She took a deep breath and rolled her eyes, "I asked Maeve this morning, and she tried but... She kept tickling me and finally I kicked her by accident. It wasn't my fault but she got mad becaused she's PMS'ed out of her mind."

Trip winced, Maeve was not the most forgiving person one week out of every month. He had felt her wrath more than once. "And Mama?"

Lizzy sighed, "This is Mama's handiwork. I couldn't tell her it was awful, but she kept tickling me too. You'd think she'd be a natural, after all, she's a concert pianist. But she's terrible with nail polish. I'm one who does it for her. Face it I'll be the butt of the joke at this party."

Looking at his sister Trip's heart constricted painfully. When he was younger, Lizzy had been the bane of his existance. Always following, and getting in the way. She irritated him in ways no other person could. But he kept seeing her fall off of that mast, he kept dreaming he hadn't gotten there in time to catch her. He had almost lost her, and the knowledge made him sick. Losing her would destroy him, he knew it. He couldn't bare to see her dejected and in tears.

"No you won't Darlin'. I'll fix it for you."

Lizzy's jaw dropped and her eyes widened in shock, "YOU!"

"Yeah me. Why not? I've got steady hands, you can't be an engineer without steady hands."

"But I'm ticklish."

Trip grinned, "Who knows that better than me? I can handle that. Get your stuff, and talk me through it."

"You're serious? This isn't some horrible practical joke, like that snake?"

"No joke Squirt. Now come on, I've got to be at the marina in an hour to work with daddy."

Lizzy jumped into his arms crushing him in a bear hug. "Thank you, I love you, you are the best brother in the world!"

"Don't let Liam hear you say it Squirt." he replied kissing her forehead.

"I won't. Trip will you help me paint my nails until this cast is off?"

"Yes."

"Will you help me paint them after my cast is off?"

"Get your stuff before I change my mind!"

OK I had to do it. I just had too. Blame Alelou it's her fault. ;-)
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:36 am

Awww, that's nice Warpgirl. I'm a sucker for short, little Tucker family pieces.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:38 am

Oh honeybee I'm worse than an addict on crack, I've done ALL of them! Glad you liked it. Yours ROCKED! :D

Fics

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:50 am

WarpGirl, now that I really liked. A young Trip and his family, how could I not love it. I could see him doing it for her party, not sure he wouldn't back out next time. He is all about family though!

honeybee, I also liked the feet in the creek. That was a very natural exchange between the two. I can see T'Pol wading.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:28 am

Well, what I tried to do was to make a very fluffy piece but I wanted to foreshadow some things we saw in Trip's life later on. Nightmares, inability to sleep, his extreme closeness to this sister of his. See the fall from the mast under his watch really shook him up. Before that she's the pain-in-the-rear sister and his dad had to threaten him, to get him to take her and her friends sailing. Then she falls from a mast, rescuing some idiot pubesent boy with a crush on her. It was a close call, and I wanted to show the brother who loved her probably more than anyone besides T'Pol. So I think he'd paint her toes. Then again I have 5 brothers and I know for a fact that one or two would do it for me. So... Personal experience.

Fics

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:11 am

That's lovely, WarpGirl!
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:40 am

That was cute, WG.

That sure is one open family. I don't think my brothers would have ever heard of PMS. When the one who's just a year younger than me helped move me into my freshman dorm he came across a box of tampons and asked me if they were candles. :lol:
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:39 pm

5 brothers 3 sisters, and even though they're not all biological, we're pretty open with each other. I mean with all the stuff I've gone through PMS and tampons seem pretty tame. :dunno:

Fics

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:59 am

Overheard in the Garden: Fountain of Youth

Once again I enter my garden in the cool of the evening. This is the best time to harvest the pla-savas.
As I gaze up at T-Khut, I wonder: where is the customary disturber of my peace?
I have not seen my neighbor’s child in some days.
Ah, someone in the courtyard is – what is the human expression – “humming a tune.”
There, by the fountain. No, on the fountain, sitting on the rim of the higher urn, bare feet in the lower.
“Na-shaya, behsu-kan. What brings you to my garden this evening?”
“New shoes, tela-at. See?” A grubby fist displays what must be footwear for my inspection.
“They appear to be quite…acceptable shoes, albeit of a rather…unusual color.”
“Orange is my favorite color.”
“Ah.”
“I was coming to see you, but as I was walking, my new shoes started to hurt.”
“I see. Kindly remove your right foot from the fountain and extend it please.”
There is a large blister on the heel of the small foot.
“Do you see the leaves floating on the water near you? Grasp one, and pull. There will be a small bulb attached to the stem.”
“It’s slimy”
“Yes, and will become more so. Crush the bulb between your thumb and fingers.”
“Eewww!”
“Now apply the pulp to your heel.”
“Eeeewww!!!”
“An understandable reaction, if somewhat vehemently expressed. How does your foot feel now?”
“Much better, sir.”
“The pulp of the plant has a numbing effect, but it is fleeting. Come, I will return you to your home via aircar.”
“Thank you tela-at. I wanted to talk to you about something, but I guess it can wait ‘til next time.”
Surak. What next?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:44 am

Awe I still say this little girl (?) is like Denis the Menece and the Vulcan is like Mr. Wilson. It's too cute! I like cute.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:46 am

evcake wrote:Overheard in the Garden: Fountain of Youth

Once again I enter my garden in the cool of the evening. This is the best time to harvest the pla-savas.
As I gaze up at T-Khut, I wonder: where is the customary disturber of my peace?
I have not seen my neighbor’s child in some days.
Ah, someone in the courtyard is – what is the human expression – “humming a tune.”
There, by the fountain. No, on the fountain, sitting on the rim of the higher urn, bare feet in the lower.
“Na-shaya, behsu-kan. What brings you to my garden this evening?”
“New shoes, tela-at. See?” A grubby fist displays what must be footwear for my inspection.
“They appear to be quite…acceptable shoes, albeit of a rather…unusual color.”
“Orange is my favorite color.”
“Ah.”
“I was coming to see you, but as I was walking, my new shoes started to hurt.”
“I see. Kindly remove your right foot from the fountain and extend it please.”
There is a large blister on the heel of the small foot.
“Do you see the leaves floating on the water near you? Grasp one, and pull. There will be a small bulb attached to the stem.”
“It’s slimy”
“Yes, and will become more so. Crush the bulb between your thumb and fingers.”
“Eewww!”
“Now apply the pulp to your heel.”
“Eeeewww!!!”
“An understandable reaction, if somewhat vehemently expressed. How does your foot feel now?”
“Much better, sir.”
“The pulp of the plant has a numbing effect, but it is fleeting. Come, I will return you to your home via aircar.”
“Thank you tela-at. I wanted to talk to you about something, but I guess it can wait ‘til next time.”
Surak. What next?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”