July '09 Word Prompt! :)

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

July '09 Word Prompt! :)

Postby Aquarius » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:24 pm

I'll go over the concept for the new people. The rest of you can skip this part. 8)

Every month, I give you a word. If you choose to accept the challenge, your mission is to write a story inspired by that word. It can be any genre or style, as long as it's about Trip and/or T'Pol. (Starting to sense my agenda here? I want MORE TnT fic!! :lol: ) There are no minimum/maximum word counts. If your story is relatively short and suitable for general audiences, you may feel free to post it to this thread. If it's longer or meant more for grown-ups, send it in as a fic submission--beta read, of course. :wink:

There is also no real time limit. If you feel inspired by a prompt past, by all means, go for it, no one is going to tell you no! Got your idea for this one a day late and a dollar short? No problem--again, no one is going to say no to a new TnT fic. Prompts just go up monthly to keep things moving a bit.

So without further ado, your word, should you choose to accept it, is...

BURN

Now get out of here and go write something.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: July '09 Word Prompt! :)

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:31 pm

YIPPEEEEEEEE! I forgot the date. Burn... So many possibilities, I must think... OK I've got it, since BnB and Elessar both have continually suggested a Trip and Tolaris, meet up fic and yet have NOT done anything about it I WILL! I don't claim to be able to beat these guys at "killer instinct" and sheer darkness, but I have to do something... Words in bold italics, are Vulcan. Green is Tolaris and T'Pol's POV's blue is Trip's.

The room was small, dark, and frigid. A slender, fragile, young woman was hudled in a corner trying desperately to rest before he returned. Despite the cold of her surroundings, the young woman was numb to every sensation, almost empty. That was how she felt, completely devoid of any life. T'Pol might have been breathing, but she was merely existing. He had ripped life away from her. If she had been human, she would have broken out into hysterical laughter. After all the laws of logic, and probability had all but been defied by this situation. She had never imagined even in her wildest dreams (which she wasn't supposed to experience anyway) that she would EVER see him again. Ironically, he had been the one to give her dreams. They were a gift that she would always regret taking. Now he had given her even worse gifts. Gifts that appauled her with their cruelity. He trapped her, held her hostage in a place where time and location had no meaning. He had stolen her from her husband, and worst of all, he had destroyed their bond. When she lost Charles, she knew that she was done for. There was no way for her to survive this. She hoped that his torture had not harmed her beloved, but unfortunately she had little hope. Now she merely sat like a cowering shelat pup with nothing to do but to wait for him to come and unleash yet more horror on her.

Tolaris' footsteps pounded on the hard floor and his heavy breathing filled the air. His blood raced with rage, with lust, and with confusion. Why would she not break? From the moment he had laid his eyes on her he hungered to break her. Her beauty, her control so tenuous, so fragile, gnawed at him. Underneath her coolness was a raging inferno of passions, desires, and torments. He hungered to immerse himself in them, as they called to his blood. Not the sickly weak blood of the fool that was his mother. But his true blood, the uncontroled passion, and supremacy of his father's blood.

His father had been one of his people's proudest secret warriors. He had taken a Vulcan woman, in order to have a child with their telepatic gifts. Then he had his son's gifts trained by the most powerful of Vulcan priests ensuring that he would harness their true power. All of the time teaching his son that his supremacy was his right to conqueror any and all those who were weak. When his mother had outlived her usefulness, his father killed her quickly and by his own hand in order to show his son that he could not be made weak by his bond with her. He took those lessons and the pain and let it flow through him feeding his strength. V'Las had been cunning beyond any warrior Romulas had ever produced. He had become intrenched into the very essence of Vulcan life, above any and all suspicion until the vapid, worthless humans and she had destroyed it all. When he had returned to his homeworld the punishment for this had been quick and without mercy.

Just one more reason this maddening woman haunted Tolaris every instant of every day. It had been an amazing coincedence even meeting her again. Even with the war soon to be out in the open, the odds of him ever meeting Enterprise or any of her crew had been astronomical. He couldn't have forseen that a supply run to a rundown space station would present this wonderful oppertunity. He had long abandonded the V'tosh Ka'tur whom he found to be completely without integrity and even worse than those simpering true followers of Surak. Why his father insisted on him joining them he still couldn't comprehend. So he had found work with a Vulcan cargo service, using the knowledge he gained to help Romulas prepare the inevitable invasion of this weak and pathetic quadrent. When his ship stopped off at the station he merely expected to work, and secretly partake of the women who offered themselves for any price he was willing to pay. But when he saw her his plans changed.

Now was his chance! He could finally finish what he started years ago. With the added benifit of obtaining the secrets of both Earth and Vulcan for his people. Grabbing her had been sickeningly easy. She had spent her time with a human woman he vaguely remembered as the Communication's Officer. They had been looking in the shops as women do, amusing themselves, thinking that no harm could come to them. He trailed them for hours, finally making his move after drugging her drink in a cafe while the human woman was in the rest room. He had noticed that she had changed dramatically in the few short years. She was confident now, contentded in a way he rarely saw in any being. Her demenor was relaxed, gone was the rigidity of a proper officer of the VHC. She was truly serene, and truly and fully in control of herself. The knowlege incited his rage into a blaze he had never known before and he reveled in it. He vowed he would destroy her peace, he would rip every last vestige of cotrol from her mind, body, and katra. He would destroy everything that made her who she was. When she was broken and helpless, he would consumed her hidden passions and emotions. Before finally taking every pleasure her beautiful body had to offer. When he was through and she was pleading for the mercy of death, he would end her life as his father had ended his mother's. Watching the light slowly dim from her eyes.

However, his patience was wearing thin. It had been a week since taking her and he was nowhere near close to obtaining any of his objectives. Even after breaking her bond, she still held strong. That didn't truly surprise him. She was a powerful telepath, even years before he had known of her strength even untrained. After all, what can you expect from a true Daughter of Surak? What did shock him was that she had willingly bonded with a human. HUMANS! The only spieces in this filthy quadrent more abhorrent than her own. To add to his fury he discovered that it wasn't that fool of a Captain she had given herself too, but that insignificant Chief Engineer. He would never understand the Vulcan aversion to power, it disgusted him. Somehow as weak and pathetic as she had become in the last week, she still remained whole. Time was running out, he had to finish quickly. He knew the humans would not rest until they found her, and his ship didn't leave the station for another three days.

A loud THWACK cracked through the deserted gymnasium aboard Enterprise as Trip's powerful fist made contact with the punching bag. He was desperately trying to find a way to control the rage coursing through his veins. He imagined every powerful blow he landed to be landing on the body of his wife's captor. Tolaris! Of all the people Trip thought could cross paths with them twice in the vastness of the galaxy, that monster was one he had preyed would disappear into the darkness. A grim smile formed on his face, Tolaris thought he had broken their bond. T'Pol even believed it, but Trip knew better. He saw everything when he slept, or meditated. He saw Tolaris rape his wife's mind over and over again, as he tried to use her for his own sick impulses and dig out information for the Romulans. He was accutely aware of that monster's plans. But he also knew Tolaris had made a fatal mistake, he underestimated his humanity, and he underestimated the power of the Tel. The problem was that even though he knew the culprit, and even though he knew the ordeal his wife was enduring, he had NO idea where she was. Even as Tolaris raped her mind he hid their location from her. Enterprise, and Malcolm and Hoshi in particular were frantically scanning the station and leading search parties in order to find T'Pol. Even the Vulcan cargo ship that had brought Tolaris back into their lives, diligently aided in trying to find and apprehend the madman. For now, Jon was trying to keep him away from the action. But soon, things would come to a head, and Jon would have no choice but to unleash him. And when that happened Tolaris would beg for mercy and find none at his hand. He would feel the all consuming burn of righteous rage, and crumble in it's power.

This was supposed to be longer with actual dialog. But I like this better. Hope it feeds your hunger Aquarius. For the rest of you I'm no BnB or Elessar normally my angst has a sunny side so I don't know if it's quality. But I think it's pretty good. Let me know, experiments need results.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby evcake » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:04 pm

Song of the Stone

I know you dislike deserts
Burning sun
Shifting sand
Thirst
But this hot and sandy plain
Is studded with stones
Each separate
Apart
Alone
Will you not venture out
Pick me up
And put me in your pocket?
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:04 pm

My July prompt story is up. I just wanted to tell you Aquarius, that you really made me dig for a Burn story. I appreciate you throwing us these challenges each month.
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:08 am

Couldn't help myself.

This was another one that's been in the back of my mind since posting the prompt, mentally written, but not seeing actual words on screen until tonight.

BURN
by Aquarius

He hadn't seen this before, but he knew right away what it was. She had prepared him.

Her chest heaved with every labored breath. A shimmer of perspiration highlighted every muscle, every curve of her body, plastering her singlet and shorts to her flesh in just the right way, in all the right places.

There was very little left of “his” T'Pol behind dark eyes that raged with an all-consuming hunger. She was nothing but appetites and instincts now.

The moment she touched his body, she was going to burn him down to the ground.

And he was going to let her.

A/N: Yeah, I know many of you believe Vulcan women don't experience pon farr, but in my world, they do. I suppose it's my way of sexually liberating them--at least to the point a Vulcan can be sexually liberated, that is--and leveling the playing field of equality a bit. ;-)

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:13 am

Actually I always thought the women were more "sexually liberated" because they didn't have to go through a potentially deadly chemical imbalance to be free sexually. But that's just me. In VOY Tuvok says that it is EXTREMELY difficult for a young man to become sexually aroused outside of Pon Farr, but it gets easier as they get older. I think someone wanted to compensate for what actually happens to most human men. Anyway since women never have that problem with desire (T'Pring anyone?) I always thought women had it better. But I always assumed that during the first "cycle" a woman would need a mate to be in Pon Farr in order to become fertal, but that's my imagination.

I like it it was very good.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:22 am

I'm seeing it from the perspective that the men get to act out and get crazy (albeit they can't help it), but the women apparently have to lay there and take it. :shock: :vulcan:

No, no, no... :tsktsk:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:25 am

Meh I never thought of it that way at all.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:34 am

:dunno: Don't know what to tell ya. Just attaching a note to explain where my head was at when I wrote my ficlet. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:42 am

Oh no I did like it really. But I kind of hate the whole idea of women "lying there and taking it" now I admit the interpitation is out there. But I never saw it in TOS Amok Time. And then in Search for Spock (not that anything really happened in the movie) Yeah I know the book don't remind me. Anyway I just never saw it. It certainly wasn't like that in Blood Fever when Tuvok explained it.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:52 am

Well, there is that whole notion of women becoming the property of the male...and, I dunno...I find the idea of a woman NOT sharing in that kind of heat while having a man in beast mode having his way with her kind of distasteful. To me it's a little more palatable if she can dish it right back. Otherwise, "she's just not that into you." :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:56 am

They do when their men initiate a mental link through their bond. Nobody here watches VOY except me and Elessar I'm certain of it. ENT didn't invent the Vulcan mating bond. Besides the "property thing" that works BOTH ways, a man is as much a woman's "property" as she is his. In other words it's marrige.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:09 am

I saw that VOY episode like ONCE when it was first on. Long time ago, and no time to watch it multiple times.

At any rate, I have a firm idea in my own head what a bond is or isn't, and what pon farr is and isn't, and it's from there that I wrote this piece. I like my little corner of the ST universe better when a Vulcan woman can get to pon farr on her own without a dude to set her off--makes a little more sense to me that way, any way, since it's the chicks that have to cook the bun once it's in the oven.

Any way, if anyone wants to debate what pon farr is or isn't, there's a thread for that. As I indicated, my author's note was mostly just to say "this is what *I* think it is, so deal." ;-) :lol:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:13 am

OK I'm dealing Jeeze. Did I forget to say I liked it. :dunno:

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:20 am

Nah you didn't forget. ;-) Thanks.

I should be channeling all this energy into "Body and Katra"...or (GASP!! :shock: ) homework. :roll:

And I'm too wired on decongestants to go to bed yet.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”