Vulcan Telepathic and Other Mental Abilities

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Vulcan Telepathic and Other Mental Abilities

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 29, 2009 2:49 am

That is certainly possible. I think it was hinted at in TNG's "Unification" that it might be possible but even Spock seemed skeptical. Like I said I certainly don't have the answers.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Fri May 29, 2009 2:54 am

That theory makes excellent sense for the Romulans we see in Enterprise, but it doesn't make so much sense for the next generations ... by then, you'd think they'd have done the math themselves, realized they OUGHT to have the same talents the Vulcans have, and worked on it.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 29, 2009 3:02 am

Exactly my point. I always thought that during ENT their plan of attack was to get the Vulcans so psychicaly weak that they'd blend in and take over after generations of inbreeding. It obviously can't work because of 200 odd years of ST history.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Fri May 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Even in ENT times the Romulans ought to know about it. It stands to reason that those that left Vulcan 2,000 years ago would know of this common trait, so why not use it to their own advantage? Especially since it would give your thought police/proto-tal shiar a great advantage.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 30, 2009 12:08 am

See what I mean it makes no sense, unless... Romulans and Vulcans evolved from related but not identical organisms. And I don't even believe in evolution.

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat May 30, 2009 12:55 am

Alelou wrote:That theory makes excellent sense for the Romulans we see in Enterprise, but it doesn't make so much sense for the next generations ... by then, you'd think they'd have done the math themselves, realized they OUGHT to have the same talents the Vulcans have, and worked on it.

That's assuming that they want people with those abilities running around in their society, though. If you're crafty, deceitful, paranoid, and arrogant, do you really want to risk having others poke around in your brain without you knowing it? I could see maybe training a couple of Tal Shiar here and there, but even that would be risky. Otherwise, their secrets are "safer" if no one can pry them out, if you know what I mean.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 30, 2009 1:32 am

I think it can go either way. Both ideas make A LOT of sense. What intrigues me about Vulcans though is their empathic senses. They're so strong that they have to limit contact with anyone whom they are not related. That is interesting considering the control they must keep over their emotions.

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”