Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Re: Build Trip's Family

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:48 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Beau Bridges???

I primarily went with him because of his eyes. If you compare the shape of his with those of the actor who played Lorian, they're kinda of similar, so Trip's remark to Lorian in E2 about seeing his dad in his son resulted in me going there.

Pellegrino, however, really really looks like Trinneer sometimes so it was a fait accompli that he'd play Tucker's brother.
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:51 pm

Alelou wrote:I often think this guy would make a good little brother, if he had one (which he doesn't)

Meh. In my universe, Trip's brother is younger (not by much; maybe a year or so) and not gay. But again, I'm generally less ... enthusiastic about what the PocketBooks Relaunch did with the characters than most around these parts...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:52 pm

I think Christopher Titus would be good as a brother, or cousin that Trip is very close with: http://www.tvdads.com/tvdtitus.shtml If you scroll down there's a pic with him at a picnic table, I thought "Tucker Family Picnic" LOL
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:56 pm

Oh I wasn't trying to knock the idea, it's just that whenever I watch the movie "Tucker, A Man And His Dream" I think "yeah... That is a lot like Trip. However you are right Beau's eyes are better for Lorien.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:09 am

Rigil Kent wrote:
Alelou wrote:I often think this guy would make a good little brother, if he had one (which he doesn't)

Meh. In my universe, Trip's brother is younger (not by much; maybe a year or so) and not gay. But again, I'm generally less ... enthusiastic about what the PocketBooks Relaunch did with the characters than most around these parts...

I don't pay any attention to the books either. I just always figured Trip was close to his baby sister because there wasn't another sibling in between and I take a term like "baby sister" to indicate the baby of the famly position. He also has to have at least one older sister because of his nephew from season one (I'm pretty sure the script specified that was his sister's son). He could have an older brother, too, but I don't go there. From a storytelling point of view that is turning into Little House in the Palmetto Scrub, plus the show itself sends contradictory signals about the size of his family. 8)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:13 am

don't have time to read all I missed in the 12hrs I've been away... so i appologize if it's already been said... but Archer does ask in "The Expanse" if the sister he lost was older or younger. That implies there's one of each to me, because, even if Archer is a bit dense at times, the two have been friends long enough for them to at least know the number of siblings they have and such....

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:14 am

Maybe you should check the transcript site, I don't remember it specifying that Trip's nephew was a sister's son... I think Trip had an older brother and an older sister in addition to Lizzy, it doesn't make much sense if he doesn't.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:24 am

Alelou wrote:
Rigil Kent wrote:

I don't pay any attention to the books either. I just always figured Trip was close to his baby sister because there wasn't another sibling in between and I take a term like "baby sister" to indicate the baby of the famly position. He also has to have at least one older sister because of his nephew from season one (I'm pretty sure the script specified that was his sister's son). He could have an older brother, too, but I don't go there. From a storytelling point of view that is turning into Little House in the Palmetto Scrub, plus the show itself sends contradictory signals about the size of his family. 8)

In "Fusion" (I think), he also specifically referenced learning how to dance with his brother (in reference to that regrets convo he has with Kov), hence my inclusion of the brother. Regarding the nephew, I don't think they actually identified which sibling was the kid's parent (in my verse, it's Lisa, the oldest sister with whom Trip has a very, very strained relationship with.) I see four siblings: Lisa (the oldest), Trip, Billy, and finally Lizzie who is the baby and thus, spoiled somewhat.

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:32 am

The brother is a definite, but I'm certain that the nephew isn't identified as a brother's kid or a sister's kid. In my universe he's a brother's kid, and they live in Ireland, he teaches cultural anthropology at Oxford, but commutes. The sister is a doctor at Johns Hopkins, and then Lizzy who works all over the world, appearently.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:33 am

Ah, yeah, you do have a script reference there. I forgot about that. But in order to learn dancing from him, wouldn't you expect him to be older?

I did go and look, and though no, I don't find a mention of a sister in Breaking the Ice, it doesn't rule it out. Personally I took the first kid mentioned, Liam Brennan, as his nephew and ran with it from there -- different last name, so a sister's kid. It was just a guess.

I guess if I revisited Commander Tucker Proposes, I'd have to plug an older brother in there to stay canon-friendly.

Or I could just forget about it, because that ship has already sailed.
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:40 am

I'd think that if your brother is going to teach you the two-step for a school dance he'd be older. Unless the younger kid took dance????????? But I think a younger sibling teaching an older one to dance is unlikely.

Fics

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:49 am

Alelou wrote:But in order to learn dancing from him, wouldn't you expect him to be older?

Normally, yeah, but common sense was killed in the Eugenics Wars, remember?
I did go and look, and though no, I don't find a mention of a sister in Breaking the Ice, it doesn't rule it out. Personally I took the first kid mentioned, Liam Brennan, as his nephew and ran with it from there -- different last name, so a sister's kid. It was just a guess.

Unfortunately, there is also some conflicting information in 3x01 (The Expanse, right?) where Phlox specifically states that Trip has one sibling or sister (I can't remember which, although I think he said "sibling"), a point that clearly conflicts with what Trip said himself back in "Fusion." My solution for that in the Endeavour series was for Trip to have a major falling out with his family (instigated by his elder sister) that resulted in him changing his "next of kin" records to read that he had only one sibling - Elizabeth - thus explaining why Phlox is wrong.

Yeah, its a crappy cheat, but the show is to blame since they had trouble keeping some of their internal continuity straight...

Sig by Chrisis1033.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:54 am

Well you could use an even cruddier cheat like me, just shock and strain over the whole attack. Phlox does have a degree in psychiatry, maybe he was dealing with the crew being a mess, and just focused on what Trip lost rather then what he had. God that's bad... But all to real. But I think the line was Commander Tucker has a sister... :dunno:

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Alelou » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:25 am

PHLOX: Do you have any siblings?
T'POL: No.
PHLOX: Commander Tucker had one sister. She was killed in the attack.
T'POL: I'm aware of that.

So, technically, he only had one sister. If we believe Phlox. Which I decided I didn't, since that was just one line, and conflicted with Archer's question in The Xindi and what we saw in Breaking the Ice, and because, you never know, Denobulan grammar in describing familial relations might be suspect. Or, you never know, Judge Judy might call it hearsay. 8)

Easy enough to check these things at Chrissie's Transcript Sites, which I keep bookmarked for handy reference: http://www.chakoteya.net/Enterprise/episodes.htm
Image.Image

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:29 am

Well all I can say is they should have kept a book of past episodes... Oh wait... They do! It's called a show's "Bible" Now I know evey tv show misses certain things in it's Bible. Absolutely. Bones still can't figure out if Booth is from Pittsburg of Philly, but ST ALL ST's have a harder time using their Bibles. :roll:

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”