Build Trip's Family

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Build Trip's Family

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 18, 2009 11:14 pm

OK here's the deal, you imagine the people who would play Trip's family if they had ever been seen on series. I'll go first...

Charles David Tucker Jr. AKA Daddy... James Cromwell! Yeah I know he's Zefrem Cochrane but he's played other characters in ST as well, and ZC was such a "good ol boy" I think it's perfect!

Fiona Shannon O'Niell Tucker AKA Mama... Another Brit, the incomparable Helen Mirran. She's got CT's looks, and let's face it the woman can do anything.

Liam Adien Tucker AKA Big Brother... I had a really hard time with this one, so it's a toss up: Daniel Crieg, or Viggo Mortenson. They really look as if siblings were possible.

Maeve Alieen Tucker AKA Older Sis... Charlese Tharon, I know she is a smidge young but she's got the tough South African bush girl thing going. I see Maeve as someone who is very tough, a woman her brothers would be afraid to cross.

Elizabeth Grace Tucker AKA Baby Sis... Emily Procter during her West Wing days. She's the opposite of Maeve!

Will do extanded family after some people chime in.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

TPoptarts
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: Build Trip's Family

Postby TPoptarts » Tue May 19, 2009 12:35 am

Um I don't really know that many actors... but I already thought up a family for Trip once... so now I kinda feel like I have to repost this thingy I made for a Trek art contest like way back in February 2005... the theme was "a new Trek series". And well this is what I came up with...

My series is set shortly after Enterprise ends, and follows an Enterprise movie - "Star Trek XI: My Big Fat Kun-Ut Kali-Fi". If you haven't guessed yet, the movie is about Trip and T'Pol's wedding and it continues in my new Trek series: "My Big Fat Human Life".

Facing the Vulcans' reaction to their union, Trip and T'Pol decide to settle down on Earth, knowing that humans would be more open-minded. But open-mindness is not the only thing that awaits them on Earth... think Trip's crazy family and the neighbors from hell!

Here's a few episodes...

* The annoying, nosy next door neighbors (guest stars Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen) turn out to be Xindi-Reptilians in disguise, and a brutal fight with Lizzie Tucker's ghost is inevitable.

* T'Pol accidentally signs up for a hot-dog eating contest in the annual Tucker family reunion.

* When the Lizzie-ghost is granted a wish to come back to life for a day, the Tucker family's life turns into chaos.

* Porthos falls in love with T'Bear, the Tuckers' young pet sehlat.

* Undergoing a Pon-Farr, the jealous, unbonded Koss decides to pay a visit to his ex-bondmate, T'Pol, on Earth, but ends up in a "Home Alone"-like encounter with the Tucker children while their sitter is napping.

* Trip's uncle Bob accidentally gets involved with an alien mafia and has to rent T'Bear for a dog food commercial in order to pay his debts, without letting Trip and T'Pol know.

* T'Pol is thrown a surprise birthday party in the best human tradition. What could ever go wrong (except for picking the wrong date in the first place)? Part 1/2

* T'Pol is thrown a surprise birthday party in the best human tradition. What could ever go wrong (except for picking the wrong date in the first place)? Part 2/2

* Inspired by T'Pol's stories, Trip's nephew decides to undergo the Kahs-Wan, but a shuttle to Vulcan is nowhere to be found.

* A creepy old neighbor named Zeb starts a campaign against interspecies couples in the neighborhood. Is he really racist... or does he just want T'Pol for himself?

* T'Pol plots her revenge against the company that makes Trip's crazy shirts.

* Christmas special: When the Tucker clan gets together at Trip's parents' place for the entire Christmas holiday, T'Pol learns the hard way that trying to make breakfast at 4am isn't very practical on Earth.

* Trip's father is mistaken for a cross-dresser when he tries on a traditional Vulcan robe.

Well, I warned you, didn't I? By the way: Shran is there because I like his character and it would be a shame to throw him away... so I decided that he was too bored having no starship, no Talas, and nothing to do with his experience, so he joined Starfleet (with help from Archer, who did need a new first officer). I can do whatever I want in my series :p

Disclaimer: I've never seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" or "My Big Fat Greek Life" (if there actually is such thing and I'm not just mixing something up). If there's any resemblance between posters or plotlines, it's completely coincidental.
ImageImage

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Tue May 19, 2009 12:41 am

Tommy Lee Jones is Trip's dad in my poor, fevered brain. And Stockard Channing is Mom.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 12:41 am

:o :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW! Of all the things I planned to hear/see that was not it! But GOOD FOR YOU! :D You've got guts that's for sure. But for God's sake see the movie it's wonderful!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 12:43 am

Dinah wrote:Tommy Lee Jones is Trip's dad in my poor, fevered brain. And Stockard Channing is Mom.

Cool Dinah! But what about sibs? And when the heck are you going to add on to "Briar Patch"? I'm having withdrawls! :(

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue May 19, 2009 12:51 am

I love that Lizzie, T'PopTarts. The whole thing cracks me up.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue May 19, 2009 12:53 am

I remember that one, T'Poptarts! Great stuff! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw:
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

Dinah
Commander
Commander

Postby Dinah » Tue May 19, 2009 12:59 am

Older sister Suzanne Elaine is married and lives in Ireland. She has three boys and a girl.
Older brother Joseph Daniel is married. I haven't given much thought to children. (This is one of those families -- like F.D.R.'s -- where the second continues the father's name.)

As for my story...um...I'm sorry for taking so long. This chapter has really been a struggle. I just about have it finished. I should be able to send it to BnB this week for a quick once over. After he tells me what's not working, I'll make some changes. It the changes aren't too extensive, maybe I can get it sent to TriSilk by the weekend or early next week.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 1:15 am

OK extended family this is a list of Nieces, Nephews, and such...

Colleen Rebecca Murphy-Tucker AKA Sister-in-Law... Jean Butler from Riverdance, I did this for several reasons. 1. I think that Trip's nephew was actually in that 4th grade class, the reason why Trip wanted out was so he didn't humiliate the kid by answering a "poop question." 2. Trip's brother and family live in Ireland. 3. You have to wait until I write the rest in my tale.

Sean Rowan Tucker AKA Nephew... Freddie Highmore, he's the little boy from "Finding Neverland" and "August Rush" he is BRILLIANT!

Gracie Alieen Tucker AKA Niece... A tiny Dakota Fanning with Red hair.

In my AU Jeremiah Hayes marries Maeve.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue May 19, 2009 1:18 am

Dinah wrote:As for my story...um...I'm sorry for taking so long. This chapter has really been a struggle. I just about have it finished. I should be able to send it to BnB this week for a quick once over. After he tells me what's not working, I'll make some changes. It the changes aren't too extensive, maybe I can get it sent to TriSilk by the weekend or early next week.

:D Yippee!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 1:22 am

AMEN!!!!! :D

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue May 19, 2009 2:17 am

TPoptarts wrote:Um I don't really know that many actors... but I already thought up a family for Trip once... so now I kinda feel like I have to repost this thingy I made for a Trek art contest like way back in February 2005... the theme was "a new Trek series". And well this is what I came up with...

My series is set shortly after Enterprise ends, and follows an Enterprise movie - "Star Trek XI: My Big Fat Kun-Ut Kali-Fi". If you haven't guessed yet, the movie is about Trip and T'Pol's wedding and it continues in my new Trek series: "My Big Fat Human Life".

Facing the Vulcans' reaction to their union, Trip and T'Pol decide to settle down on Earth, knowing that humans would be more open-minded. But open-mindness is not the only thing that awaits them on Earth... think Trip's crazy family and the neighbors from hell!

Here's a few episodes...

* The annoying, nosy next door neighbors (guest stars Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen) turn out to be Xindi-Reptilians in disguise, and a brutal fight with Lizzie Tucker's ghost is inevitable.

* T'Pol accidentally signs up for a hot-dog eating contest in the annual Tucker family reunion.

* When the Lizzie-ghost is granted a wish to come back to life for a day, the Tucker family's life turns into chaos.

* Porthos falls in love with T'Bear, the Tuckers' young pet sehlat.

* Undergoing a Pon-Farr, the jealous, unbonded Koss decides to pay a visit to his ex-bondmate, T'Pol, on Earth, but ends up in a "Home Alone"-like encounter with the Tucker children while their sitter is napping.

* Trip's uncle Bob accidentally gets involved with an alien mafia and has to rent T'Bear for a dog food commercial in order to pay his debts, without letting Trip and T'Pol know.

* T'Pol is thrown a surprise birthday party in the best human tradition. What could ever go wrong (except for picking the wrong date in the first place)? Part 1/2

* T'Pol is thrown a surprise birthday party in the best human tradition. What could ever go wrong (except for picking the wrong date in the first place)? Part 2/2

* Inspired by T'Pol's stories, Trip's nephew decides to undergo the Kahs-Wan, but a shuttle to Vulcan is nowhere to be found.

* A creepy old neighbor named Zeb starts a campaign against interspecies couples in the neighborhood. Is he really racist... or does he just want T'Pol for himself?

* T'Pol plots her revenge against the company that makes Trip's crazy shirts.

* Christmas special: When the Tucker clan gets together at Trip's parents' place for the entire Christmas holiday, T'Pol learns the hard way that trying to make breakfast at 4am isn't very practical on Earth.

* Trip's father is mistaken for a cross-dresser when he tries on a traditional Vulcan robe.

Well, I warned you, didn't I? By the way: Shran is there because I like his character and it would be a shame to throw him away... so I decided that he was too bored having no starship, no Talas, and nothing to do with his experience, so he joined Starfleet (with help from Archer, who did need a new first officer). I can do whatever I want in my series :p

Disclaimer: I've never seen "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" or "My Big Fat Greek Life" (if there actually is such thing and I'm not just mixing something up). If there's any resemblance between posters or plotlines, it's completely coincidental.

Oh, DEAR!! :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: This is just the BEST!! This whole thing just cracked me up so hard. "Shran: Token Colored Character"!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG. This has been such a stressful couple of days and I really, REALLY needed this. Thank you.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue May 19, 2009 2:20 am

Dinah wrote:Tommy Lee Jones is Trip's dad in my poor, fevered brain. And Stockard Channing is Mom.

Oooh, I really like that! Especially Tommy Lee Jones. Awesome actor, but can SO totally see him as Trip's dad specifically.

For some reason I want Tom Arnold to be Trip's goofy brother in law.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 19, 2009 2:24 am

EEEK! Tom Arnold! No way baby Vince Vaughn! Actually if a Vince Vaughn like guy dated Lizzy THAT would be a heck of a family fic!

Fics

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue May 19, 2009 2:59 am

Perhaps we are each picturing a different type of character?

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”