Vulcan Arc

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Vulcan Arc

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:57 am

Well I think both TnT have their issues, it takes two to make a relationship work, not one. (been there done that) But I also believe that fundementally they work. Strip them both down to their most basic and its not just sexual chemistry they truly work.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:32 am

Alelou, if you write a missing scene from Rajin,please have T'Pol explain why she sat like a bump while Rajin walked in to her quarters went up to T'Pol, started to paw her and finally T'Pol fights back only to be tossed around like a rag doll. She hits the floor and Rajin jumps on her. At that tine Trip walks in he gets tagged by Ranjiin with a vase but he isn't even stunned. How come T'Pol who is sronger than Trip gets pushed around so easily and is lying on the floor stunned and Trip isn't Bothered by the blow he took.

I know that some say there is a Lesbian quality to what happens between T'Pol and Rajin and possibly between Rajin and Hoshi. Horsepucky.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:35 am

So anybody have any other cool insights into the Vulcan Arc?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:41 am

Silverbullet wrote:Alelou, if you write a missing scene from Rajin,please have T'Pol explain why she sat like a bump while Rajin walked in to her quarters went up to T'Pol, started to paw her and finally T'Pol fights back only to be tossed around like a rag doll. She hits the floor and Rajin jumps on her. At that tine Trip walks in he gets tagged by Ranjiin with a vase but he isn't even stunned. How come T'Pol who is sronger than Trip gets pushed around so easily and is lying on the floor stunned and Trip isn't Bothered by the blow he took.

I know that some say there is a Lesbian quality to what happens between T'Pol and Rajin and possibly between Rajin and Hoshi. Horsepucky.

I just assume that Rajin starts exerting her considerable mental influence on T'Pol right from the start of that scene.

Which, by the way, if you look at the Trek Core screen caps, features some OTHER dude than CT getting hit in the head with a vase.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

honeybee
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby honeybee » Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:18 pm

Code: Select all

Which, by the way, if you look at the Trek Core screen caps, features some OTHER dude than CT getting hit in the head with a vase.

Ah, the magic of freeze framing. As much as I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I very much learned to tell SJM apart from her stunt double, and that made the fight scenes distracting.

Although, given all the time's poor Trip was hit in the head, I'm glad they used stunt doubles. :lol:
Now Playing: Embers, Spark, Flame the Prequel to Family Secrets

Avatar made by Hopeful Romantic! Thanks!

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:19 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Well I think both TnT have their issues, it takes two to make a relationship work, not one. (been there done that) But I also believe that fundementally they work. Strip them both down to their most basic and its not just sexual chemistry they truly work.

Agreed! They just sort of "get" each other, despite their differences. Which means, I think, that if they had only sat down and TALKED, they could have avoided a lot of the angst.

WarpGirl wrote:So anybody have any other cool insights into the Vulcan Arc?

Trip rocked as acting captain! Actually, apart from his inability to communicate with T'Pol (and that wasn't all his fault), he was amazing throughout season four. Wowee! I love Strong Decisive Trip.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:29 pm

My Mama and I watched Kir'Shara together, these are her words not mine..."Ditch Scott Bakula and make that blond guy Captain!" :D

Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:41 pm

Alelou wrote:
Silverbullet wrote:Alelou, if you write a missing scene from Rajin,please have T'Pol explain why she sat like a bump while Rajin walked in to her quarters went up to T'Pol, started to paw her and finally T'Pol fights back only to be tossed around like a rag doll. She hits the floor and Rajin jumps on her. At that tine Trip walks in he gets tagged by Ranjiin with a vase but he isn't even stunned. How come T'Pol who is sronger than Trip gets pushed around so easily and is lying on the floor stunned and Trip isn't Bothered by the blow he took.

I just assume that Rajin starts exerting her considerable mental influence on T'Pol right from the start of that scene.

There was definately an erotic element to the eposode!

I looked at the screen cap. That guy's doesn't look anythink like CT. :lol:

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:48 pm

WarpGirl wrote:My Mama and I watched Kir'Shara together, these are her words not mine..."Ditch Scott Bakula and make that blond guy Captain!" :D

:lol:
Scott Bakula was the reason I decided to watch Ent, but by "Strange New World" I was watching for Trip.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:56 pm

WarpGirl wrote:My Mama and I watched Kir'Shara together, these are her words not mine..."Ditch Scott Bakula and make that blond guy Captain!" :D

Kir'shara
would have be far more interesting with Trip housing Surak's katra, even not being the Captain.

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:06 pm

Enerdhil wrote:Kir'shara would have be far more interesting with Trip housing Surak's katra, even not being the Captain.

I know! I've been thinking about doing a "What If?" series of episode rewrites, and that was an idea I was playing around with. Imagine the T/T'P possibilities with that!

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Trip should have gone with T'Pol. He had been on Vulcan before, knew its gravity, Atmosphere and T'Pol's Mother. He knew that T'Pol was a married woman and had respected that so he would be a Gentleman. (dammit) Archer was deserting his post as the Human leader of Starfleets role in the investigation. He had no business leaving Enterprise to go waltzing off with T'Pol to look for her mother. Trip was a better choice. Wondered why T'Pol didn't tell Archer that.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Trip should have gone with T'Pol. He had been on Vulcan before, knew its gravity, Atmosphere and T'Pol's Mother. He knew that T'Pol was a married woman and had respected that so he would be a Gentleman. (dammit) Archer was deserting his post as the Human leader of Starfleets role in the investigation. He had no business leaving Enterprise to go waltzing off with T'Pol to look for her mother. Trip was a better choice. Wondered why T'Pol didn't tell Archer that.

I agree, BUT, and it's a big BUT, Trip does not do well in the desert. It was established that he is prone to hear exhaustion. So he may have been considered for the mission but disqualified. Besides, there was tension between Trip & T'Pol at that time. It probably would have been uncomfortable for them.

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Writers certainly made sure that Trip would not be equal to Archer. He couldn't stand tne desert, had a glass jaw could hardly do anything without Archer planning it for him unless it was being a Brilliant Engineer. Trip was a wimp according to the Writers unless they needed him to make Archer look good. As in dragging Trip across the desert. things like that.

With T'Pol's help he could have survived in the Forge. Hell Archer had never been on Vulcan and he did all right.

Brandyjane
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Brandyjane » Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:05 pm

I would have liked to have seen Archer prepared to go, and then at the last minute, T'Pol surprise them both by insisting Trip join her, instead. Of course, then we wouldn't get to see Awesome Trip take control of the tense situation aboard the ship.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”