The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Rajin & Similitude

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue May 05, 2009 3:29 am

We have a 52 inch HD LCD in our basement that I hardly every watch. I do most of my viewing on a lttle TV either while working out or falling asleep!

Just now I fast forwarded to two T & T scenes that look waaaaay different in HD, and I'll tell you why and what I make of them.

When Archer informs T'Pol that Trip is not expected to live after the explosion (in Similitude) you can see her expression change and her breathing speed up - it is very obvious that she is upset. Didn't notice THAT on the small tv....

AND when Sim tell her that he has feelings for her and that he doesn't know if they are his or Trip's she gets tears in her eyes!

Now - this has nothing to do with HD, just another observation, in Rajin when Trip tells her he thinks they ought to stop the neuropressure because people are beginning to think "there's more than just neuropressure goin' on," and that Malcolm's been teasing him about it, she says that idle gossip shouldn't bother them, and "IF two senior officers are engaging in a romantic relationship, it's not Lt. Reed's concern." So she convinces him not to stop the sessions.

What this has all led me to believe is that T'Pol is a) open to letting a romantic relationship develop with Trip that early on and b) she has already begun to have deep feelings for Trip by "Similitude." SO...What happened in Harbinger wasn't just drug induced poor judgement or jealousy - she didn't know what else to do at that point because she had already fallen in love (or the Vulcan equivalent thereof) with him and didn't want to loose him.

What do you think?

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Rajin & Similitude

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 3:38 am

Ouch! OK I get the message... :lol: Let me clarify something here, I happen to think that T'Pol probably fell madly in love with Trip sometime around "Precious Cargo." OK I don't doubt that she was madly in love in "Harbinger" I'm willing to bet they were bonded before then. My problem isn't that they're mates, my problem is the only way she acted on it was in a jealousy induce drug-fueled haze. I wanted her to act on it in a rational way, with her mind and heart, not hormones and illicit substances. I KNOW she is in love with him, but that's not the primary motive for her bedding him. OK ending rant, but I just need to say I'm not a cold fish!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Tue May 05, 2009 3:40 am

Frankly, if you look at her non-verbal body language, especially in season 3 and 4, it's very clear that T'Pol cares very deeply for Trip. Did you ever noticed how close she lets him standing next to her?
After Home TnT have a few conversations and I noticed if you look at the expression of her eyes, especially the corners of her eyes, she looks despaired to Trip. The ''I really want you, but I can't- look." Also when she tells Trip she needs time to study the Kir'shara, her body language isn't consistent with her story.
I am always told that body language speaks the language of your heart, because you can't fake it and it's speaks more the words.
Try to imagine some one folding his arms in front of him and saying "I love you." Do you believe him?
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 3:47 am

Heck no! I wouldn't believe him. Wait my father does that... Never mind. OK About the whole Kir'Shara thing, that was Trip's fault! Hold the pitchforks and let me explain... Yes T'Pol says "I can't have you distracting me while I study the Kir'Shara" Or something to that effect. I'm still only in season 1 people! Anyway if Trip had been using his god-given brain he should have realized that everything this woman has ever known for 65 has proven to be flawed. Her entire civilization is going through an upheaval! Of course she needs time alone to process this. But I don't think she meant it as "get lost." It wasn't going to be for good, but typical man didn't push at the right time and things got screwed up. UG Why didn't the guy just read the Vulcan database? Then he'd realize his English and hers wasn't matching up.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue May 05, 2009 3:51 am

WarpGirl wrote:I wanted her to act on it in a rational way, with her mind and heart, not hormones and illicit substances. I KNOW she is in love with him, but that's not the primary motive for her bedding him.

I hear ya, WarpGirl! :hug: But I don't know if T'Pol would EVER have the nerve to make a move on Trip WITHOUT the Trellium infuencing her. I think perhaps their little dance might have gone on forever waiting for Trip to be the first one to take steps toward a romantic thing. I DO find it a little odd that the first thing she does after she kisses him is to get naked. Talk about moving things a bit too fast! :shock: When she was researching human sexuality didn't she read the part about going to first base, etc? Methinks she had something in mind however, because she WAS nekked under her robe, instead of wearing her cute midriff jammies.

Also - did anyone else notice that when Crpl. Cole came to her for neuropressure she was weaing long sleeves and a high neck little ensemble instead of the satin pjs? She must have saved those for Trip!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 3:59 am

So may I assume you no longer hate me? :D I think that it would have been very possible for T'Pol to act on her "feelings" without ST Heroin, I wanted her to grow and learn. I wanted her to see that Surak's teachings weren't saying to deny emotion, but to control it, and be able to move past it for the greater good when necessary. Personally I think the whole Vulcan Arch happened too late. It should have been in season 2. That would have allowed a whole lot more true development for our lovely Vulcan. Could there still have been miscommunication, screw-ups, and Koss? ABSOLUTELY! And it would have been awesome.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue May 05, 2009 10:10 pm

WarpGirl wrote:My problem isn't that they're mates, my problem is the only way she acted on it was in a jealousy induce drug-fueled haze. I wanted her to act on it in a rational way, with her mind and heart, not hormones and illicit substances. I KNOW she is in love with him, but that's not the primary motive for her bedding him.

That's how I view it too. Even if season two was rather abysmal, especially TnT-wise, I think they developed a gradual attraction to each other from the very beginning in season one, even if they wouldn't admit it even to themselves. Then came season three and the damn Trell-D thing just accelerated it.

Do I think they could've started a relationship without said substance? You betcha! I was a TnTer before season 3 and so were a lot of others. HOT has many TnT fics that were written back in season 1 and 2.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:21 pm

Thank you!!!!! I'm not crazy. BTW I just saw desert crossing and guess what it's a shipper ep.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue May 05, 2009 10:29 pm

In what way?
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Reason 1: During the entire episode T'Pol refers to Trip as "Mister Tucker" while Archer is relegated to Captain or the Captain. We all know Vulcan views on names...

Reason 2. When she finds them she immediately reaches for Trip, who is dirty and smelly, grabs onto him and very sweetly begins to gently poor water down his throat while ignoring Archer completely. See shippers rejoice.

Fics

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue May 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Ah well. She did seem to realize he needed help without being told, though the fact that Archer was probably holding the poor guy up might have been a clue. But I watched that just the other night myself and I actually ran that clip at the end twice hoping to see more than I saw. I honestly thought it could have just as easily been any other crewman.

But I like your version better. :)
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Tue May 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:Do I think they could've started a relationship without said substance? You betcha!.

I didn't say it couldn't have happened - I just think it probably would have taken longer - a lot longer.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 10:49 pm

They rushed it anyway all of the lasting ST romances begin in season 4. It's Tradition.

Fics

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Depends on how you define "a lot longer". And of course how the writers would handle it.

Had TPTB not turned season two into the boring Captain-Awesome-and-his-Vulcan-Sidekick show and they'd have plenty of time for build-up that in my not so humble opinion could've meant a TnT relationship - without the Trell - in season three.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue May 05, 2009 11:23 pm

Alelou wrote:Ah well. She did seem to realize he needed help without being told, though the fact that Archer was probably holding the poor guy up might have been a clue. But I watched that just the other night myself and I actually ran that clip at the end twice hoping to see more than I saw. I honestly thought it could have just as easily been any other crewman. But I like your version better. :)

When she pulled him in sure, but while she was giving him water she was gentle while toughing him, not clinical like she was with Archer in Vox Sola. I can tell only about 1000 people have touched me clinically, a lot of hospital stays tells you the difference on sight. Trust me...

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”