May '09 Prompt!

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aquarius
Site Admin

May '09 Prompt!

Postby Aquarius » Fri May 01, 2009 8:52 pm

Is it the first already??? Gosh, I intended to have this up a couple days ago.

To those who contributed to April's "anticipation" prompt, thank you! To those with good intentions, remember, it's never too late, so go ahead and submit your piece!

For those who are new to this, I"ll explain: I give you a prompt, and you write whatever Trip and/or T'Pol story that word inspires. There is no minimum or maximum word length, it can be any style you want, and the word itself does not have to appear in the story--we're just looking for inspiration here! You may post your response here in the thread, or if your piece is longer (or NC-17), submit it for archival. No real time limit, though you will get a new prompt this time next month.

Your word this month, should you choose to accept it:

PANIC.

Now go write something.
Last edited by Aquarius on Fri May 01, 2009 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: May '09 Prompt!

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 01, 2009 9:05 pm

I just did the April prompt not two hours ago! Dang! These are rather addictive. Too bad it has to be TnT, panic is good for either Malcolm or Hoshi. Hmm let me think...

Trip knew T'Pol was hurt before the pain hit, but when it did his knees buckled right in front of the Warp Core. Rostov grabbed him so he didn't hit the deck, but Trip barely noticed. All he was aware of was his blood being flooded with adrenaline and his heart-rate skyrocketing in mere seconds. The only coherent thought that made it's way to his conscious mind was 'Those Orions are DEAD!' Somehow they would pay for harming his ko'telsu and Hoshi. He knew Malcolm was going insane too. But at least he had the tel-tor to keep T'Pol close to him. Then it happened, he felt the place in his mind where she should be go blank. And before he could control it a primal scream of terror roared from his throat.

Short but who said angst was ALL bad! 8)
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri May 01, 2009 9:40 pm

ALREADY??? :shock: Good job, Warp Girl!

Now I've been sufficiently shamed into working on my own...
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Fri May 01, 2009 10:09 pm

<blushing> Oh well like I said these are addictive. And I have trouble with rambling in my stories so it's good practice to force me to streamline and shut up.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat May 02, 2009 7:10 am

These Prompts are very addictive and I love them. If only I had more time.... :( Thanks for making a prompt every month, Aquarius.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Reanok » Mon May 04, 2009 7:10 pm

I've never tried a challenge before this was what i came up with during their battle of Azati Prime. The Engine room was swirling in chaos from the Xindi's attack on Enterprise. The ship was falling apart around them.Trip was giving orders to his crewmen when everything changed.Consoles exploded in flames when an unfortunate a crewmen caught in the explosin has caught on fire. He fell over the catwalk in flames.The screams from the crewmen were unbearable.Trip grabbed a extinguisher and put the fire out. The crew tried not to Panic as the situation just got worse.With the engines down and now Trip can't contact T'Pol on the bridge. Things were getting even more grim as every second passed.How many of his crew was he going to lose today.
Last edited by Reanok on Mon May 04, 2009 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 7:17 pm

Oh wow that's intense. Poor Trip! This is really good, watch out though these things are menacing. Pretty soon you have to do them all! :lol:

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 04, 2009 7:51 pm

Reanok wrote:I've never tried a challenge before this was what i came up with during their battle of Azati Prime. The Engine room was swirling in chaos from the Xindi's attack on Enterprise. The ship was falling apart around them.Trip was giving orders to his crewmen when everything changed.Consoles exploded in flames when an unfortunate a crewmen caught in the explosin has caught on fire. He fell over the catwalk in flames.The screams from the crewmen were unbearable.Trip grabbed a extinguisher and put the fire out. The crew tried not to Panic as the situation just got worse.With the engines down and now Trip can't contact T'Pol on the bridge. Things were getting even more grim as every second passed.How many of his crew was he going to lose today.

Ehy! Do you think you can stop here? :wtf: You must write what the hell happens, now! :bitch:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Mon May 04, 2009 8:04 pm

I bow before you, WarpGirl, Mistress of the Prompt :bow: :lol:

Wow, so many snippets, and all of them different. I'm in awe :shock: And very ashamed for my part :oops:

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 8:18 pm

Oh I'm flattered but really it's word association. I don't really let myself think about what I'm writing, I just think of an idea and go. That's why these will never be on the main site. Really thanks for the praise but it's undeserved.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 04, 2009 8:19 pm

Escriba wrote:I bow before you, WarpGirl, Mistress of the Prompt :bow: :lol:

Me too!
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon May 04, 2009 8:33 pm

Asso here's the end. Trip and his crew who were uninjured had to move their wounded out of the way. Plans had to be made quickly what to do next. Now that that Enterprise was dead in the water and driifting in space.The fires had to be put out. Also the danger of more fires was emminent the need acess the damage and reports needed to be constantly updated. Things were very hectic at the moment.Trip had to give orders to make repairs and help the wounded. To make sure they got out of engineering and get his wounded people to sickbay.He had his engineers working on finding a way to get his people out safely.Trip lost track of time as he and his remmaining crew worked worked frantically to fix the engines. and finally was able to get the doors open to get his badly wounded crew to sickbay. Malcolm's sercurity teams and the Maco's were called in to help the wouned to sick bay everything was chaotic They were in the hallways triage being used on the wounded by others who had medical training.Trip and his remaining crew had major repairs to make to the keep the ship running the damage was extremely difficult to comprehend. The breaches in the hull were extensive.The task ahead of them to find the missing crewmen still lies ahead for the Enterprise crew.It Will be difficult for all of them to deal with this.Archer is missing and T'Pol in command how is Trip going to be able to cope with what's happened today.He wishes he'd never heard of the xindi. That he wishes he could go back in time and that the attack had never happened and his little sister Elizabeth was still alive.
Last edited by Reanok on Mon May 04, 2009 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Mon May 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Ahhhh. OK.
So... when the next? :D

Reanok
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Reanok » Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Asso I'll have to work on it tomorrow when I have more time to plot out the last part..

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Mon May 04, 2009 10:24 pm

Don't worry this is really brilliant!

Fics

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”