The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Romeo & Juliet

Postby Aikiweezie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:37 pm

In Terra Prime Paxon calls Trip Romeo, T'Pol Juliet and refers to them as a pair of star crosssed lovers. They don't protest.

We don't know it until later in the episode, but an Enterprise crewman swiped their DNA samples from Sickbay and gave them to Terra Prime.

They were NOT randomly chosen.

So, this crewman - who as far as we can tell wasn't particularly close with Trip or T'Pol knew they were "lovers?" (one night stand - I think not) How would he know that? Who else on Enterprise knew? Did Malcolm know? Did Archer know?

Apparently the folks sympathetic to Terra Prime knew.

Discuss.

Asso
Site Donor

Re: Romeo & Juliet

Postby Asso » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 pm

Again. Excuse me, I don't want to advertise my fics, but - frankly - they talk for me.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:58 am

Personally, I think there was a lot of rumor and conjecture about what was going on between Trip and T'Pol, but little "hard knowledge." Malcolm knew about Trip's neuropressure sessions, and he insinuated that he thought there was more than that going on. Enterprise only had less than 100 people on it; that's a pretty small community, so if someone were to see Trip going into T'Pol's quarters in the evening and/or coming out late at night, rest assured there'd be gossip about it. It's also "logical" that they'd assume that there'd be some sweating and heavy breathing going on, whether there was or really wasn't.

So I can see the crew deciding, based on circumstantial evidence alone, that Trip and T'Pol had a "thing." Beyond that, they had no idea what was going on, whether it was the romance of the century or just two horny people looking for new and improved ways to get off. And that probably didn't matter to the Terra Prime people. When their operative reported back that there was some interspecies nooky going on, it was probably just assumed that it was a romantic affair, and they just happened to be right. Either way, it didn't matter, and it might have even given them the idea to create Elizabeth in the first place.
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:01 am

I think that line works best and is most chilling if you think that somehow Terra Prime was literally able to listen in on Enterprise, because it resonates so well with the last time we heard them talk about Romeo and Juliet. (Augments?)

Maybe it's Enterprikayak who has a really interesting fic from Masaro's point of view when TnT are messing around in Engineering? Or maybe it was someone else. I'm pretty sure that one was NC17...
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:04 am

Well, they did get married and have a son in the alternate timeline, and I think everyone knew that. Fuel for the rumor mill to be sure.

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:34 am

Alelou wrote:I think that line works best and is most chilling if you think that somehow Terra Prime was literally able to listen in on Enterprise, because it resonates so well with the last time we heard them talk about Romeo and Juliet. (Augments?) ..

Trip & T'Pol were talking about Romeo & Juliet?

Elessar
Site Owner

Postby Elessar » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:03 am

Aikiweezie wrote:
Alelou wrote:I think that line works best and is most chilling if you think that somehow Terra Prime was literally able to listen in on Enterprise, because it resonates so well with the last time we heard them talk about Romeo and Juliet. (Augments?) ..

Trip & T'Pol were talking about Romeo & Juliet?

I remember this explicitly, it was Daedalus. T'Pol and Trip were standing around while Trip was tinkering with something and T'Pol was basically done talking about whatever they had to talk abotu professionally and she just kept hovering and she said something like, "How are your parents?", and then as they're talking, somehow Trip says something like "A Vulcan and Human? Romeo and Juliet probably stood a better chance."
"I call shotgun!"
"I call nine millimeter." - John and Cameron

Favorites:
Vulcan For...
Your Mom n' Me

Aikiweezie
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Aikiweezie » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:32 am

OOH yeah, I remember it now. Crewman wats-his-face must have overheard that :duh:

anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby anaM » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:53 am

I happened to watch the episode yesterday, it was the Augments :)
And, the very clever Dr.Soong knew right away thet there was something going on and was always making fun of Trip being overprotective of T'Pol. There is a saying that "coughing and being in love can't be a secret", so probably, everybody knew.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:23 am

What I want to know is how the hell did Soong know about them???
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby anaM » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:06 am

Aquarius wrote:What I want to know is how the hell did Soong know about them???

I wish I knew! :? The man was a genious!
In Home, some girls took autographs from Malcolm and Travis at the bar, so probably they were not just heroes but celebrities too... there must have been a lot of gossip and speculation around Enterprise and it's crew and romance is the best kind of gossip. Maybe that's why Terra Prime used TnT DNA and not Archer and T'Pol's that would have been a more logical choice.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:58 am

anaM wrote: ... and not Archer and T'Pol's that would have been a more logical choice.

Why?
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby anaM » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Asso wrote:
anaM wrote: ... and not Archer and T'Pol's that would have been a more logical choice.

Why?

Simply because it would be more notorious. If there was absolutely no gossip about interspecies relationship and they somehow got the idea to create a baby, using the captain's DNA would make a bigger impact, wouldn't it?
On the other hand, maybe they had the idea of the baby because the TnT romance was common knowledge and many people would accept the possibility. :?

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:54 pm

anaM wrote:Simply because it would be more notorious. If there was absolutely no gossip about interspecies relationship and they somehow got the idea to create a baby, using the captain's DNA would make a bigger impact, wouldn't it?
On the other hand, maybe they had the idea of the baby because the TnT romance was common knowledge and many people would accept the possibility. :?

I think more simply they used Trip and T'Pol DNA, because they knew perfectly their love story, and they knew also that one day a baby could be born "naturally". Remember Paxton's words.
And frankly I would have found very embarrassing a clone made with Archer and T'Pol's DNA. The events' sequence is evident in this thread.

anaM
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby anaM » Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:09 pm

Asso wrote:I think more simply they used Trip and T'Pol DNA, because they knew perfectly their love story, and they knew also that one day a baby could be born "naturally". Remember Paxton's words.
And frankly I would have found very embarrassing a clone made with Archer and T'Pol's DNA. The events' sequence is evident in this thread.

I don't disagree with you. In fact that's what I think too, they used TnT DNA because they knew about the relationship and maybe that's why they had the idea of the baby.
Using the captain's DNA would be a possibility only if they didn't know about Trip and T'Pol's realtionship.
Well, I suppose after all this time I still can't express myself very well in English....

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”