Why MU T'Pol...

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Why MU T'Pol...

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Okay let me put it like this. When a baby is born is it a blank slate or not? Me personally, I don't think so. I held my nephew the day he was born and while his personality wasn't nearly as strong as it is now, he definitely had one. But on the day he was born he had no memories, or experiences to shape what he is like. Now his experiences will indeed shape his outlook and emphesize or receed certain traits that he has. But the fact of the matter is he was born with a personality.

Well, TnT were born with personalities. Life in the RU shaped them one way, life in the MU shaped them another way. But they were born with the same basic personalites. Get it?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Sat May 21, 2011 3:28 pm

Firstly, I don't think the answer is a simple yes or no. It's not a question of whether they are the same, the question is how similar are they. If you're looking for a yes/no answer then you have to decide how different they need to be before you accept that they're different people. As far as I can tell, you're saying that having the same DNA is sufficient for two people to be considered 'the same'. MU Trip and RU Trip and not fundamentally any more 'the same' than identical twins are 'the same' as each other. I don't think that's right at all. They start out very similar due to shared biology and history, but gradually become less similar as they live different lives.

Is it possible that the RU Trip and T'Pol would become their MU counterparts if they were magicked into the MU at the moment of their birth? Yes.
Would they be 'the same person' as the RU characters we know? No.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 21, 2011 3:30 pm

:lol: Is there going to be a quiz later?
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat May 21, 2011 4:32 pm

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 21, 2011 4:39 pm

:tears: One of my favorite stories! But I will admit this, on the day he was born we had no idea my nephew would try to dicipline himself to avoid getting in trouble with mommy. But he wasn't taught to do that. So I won't guess where that trait came from. Nor the fact that he likes to eat cat food...

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Strange how all of us are always attempting to pursue their ideas without noticing that 'black' and 'white' tend always to mingle so as to produce the gray (and sometimes some else colour that was never seen).

I think it has no need to be demonstrated that the persons in MU are the same than in RU: this is an assumption that rests on the very concept of MU: this universe has been designed to take the same people who we are used to seeing act in a certain way in the RU and put them in a universe essentially evil, showing sides of their essense that would be unthinkable in RU. The idea is basically to produce wonder in the audience: Possible that these are our favourites? Our beloved heroes?

Quite possible, actually, because we are all made of good and evil. Sometimes evil prevails and sometimes the good prevails.

In fact, the idea of MU is a good idea originally; it is its development - farcical and ridiculous - that is stupid and poorly led.

Why? But because there is no tension in this universe, I mean real awareness. You see, it is true that we are all made of good and evil, and that it takes place within us an unremitting battle. But Basically, we - all of us - are aware that there is an ethic - above all things - that we feel should guide us, even when we ignore it, intentionally or not.
And this should be true also for MU.
I mean even for MU T'Pol and MU Trip.

Based on these considerations, I believe that our couple should have at least some of the traits that it has in the Real Universe.
The fact that this has not been shown is the result of ...
Well, I leave you to draw conclusions.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 21, 2011 7:15 pm

Exactly my point and I find it extremely strange that Asso and I agree so much.

Fics

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 21, 2011 7:23 pm

WarpGirl wrote:Exactly my point and I find it extremely strange that Asso and I agree so much.

'Black' and 'white', my dear, 'black' and 'white'. That produce gray, a gray that can appear more dazzling than flame-red, sometimes. :surprisehug:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 21, 2011 7:25 pm

I know dear I know.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat May 21, 2011 7:27 pm

I wrote a MU meets RU drabble!! :D Any one interested? 8)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 21, 2011 7:28 pm

panyasan wrote:I wrote a MU meets RU drabble!! :D Any one interested? 8)

Obviously! :thumbsup:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 21, 2011 7:32 pm

Do you need to ask? Where have we gone wrong! :hug:

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sat May 21, 2011 7:33 pm

Here it is. I put it in spoiler, because it's R-rated. Hope you like it. A drabble of 200 words exactly.

SPOILER!!!:
The naked truth

“We have the technique and the opportunity,” Reed said.

Tucker stared at the machine that would bring his counterpart of another world to his. “We don't need the other Tucker.”

“He knows this ship as the back of his hand and is a genius. So we need him. End of discussion,” Reed replied sharply.

He turned to the two engineers standing by the device. “We have a lock on him?”

“Yes, sir,” one of them replied. “However, there are two identities. We can't separate them. Like they are united, intertwined.”

Perplexity flashed over Reeds face, before he smirked. “That's even better. We get Tuckers girlfriend as well. Engage.”

Before Tuckers eyes two persons materialized on the platform. He saw his own naked form and his face without the deforming scars, looking up in shock. The other Tucker tightened his grip on the woman in his arms, as wanting to protect her. The woman was the same who's smell, curves and soft skin plagued his memories. Only this T'Pol had short hair and a softer expression then the T'Pol of his universe. His counterpart was to be envied.

“Seize them,” Reed commanded.

Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 21, 2011 7:36 pm

:shock: Two men and one woman equals trouble, especially after the "View."

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Sat May 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Boy are they in trouble.

Of course I am referring to the MU Reed and his cohorts. :lol:

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”