Rigil's New Endeavour thread...

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

blacknblue
Site Admin

Re: Rigil's New Endeavour thread...

Postby blacknblue » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:16 am

None of us have room to complain, considering the slow rate of updates lately. Sad
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Rigil Kent » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:17 am

Well, I'm also attempting to convince my Muse to let me write something other than Endeavour stuff as well, perhaps on the offhand chance I could get published (and thus, paid) for my efforts...
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:20 am

Arise, go forth, and conquer!
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

hth2k
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby hth2k » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:26 am

Thought it would give you a laugh.

Hey getting published would be great!

HtH

stary eyes
Cadet
Cadet

Postby stary eyes » Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:14 am

I can appreciate how much time and effort goes into a project like the Endeavour series. I went back to Elysium and reread the entire series. I am amazed of how will the stories all fit together. You work is truly a page turner. When I saw the future stories you have planned - I felt like Christmas had come early. And I do not mind waiting for the next installment - good things are worth waiting for. HOWEVER, please write more. I dying to know what happens next.

TSara
Captain
Captain

Postby TSara » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:16 pm

Rigil Kent wrote:Well, I'm also attempting to convince my Muse to let me write something other than Endeavour stuff as well, perhaps on the offhand chance I could get published (and thus, paid) for my efforts...

Oh that's exciting!

How is that going so far?

Any luck?
"It can giggle all it wants, but the galaxy isn't gettin' any of our bourbon." -Trip to Malcolm Shuttlepod One

Archer: You missed T'Pol's latest bout with chopsticks.
Trip: Damn, dinner and a show.- Silent Enemy

http://www.myspace.com/hylndlas

http://tsara80.livejournal.com/

evcake
Commodore
Commodore

Postby evcake » Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:20 am

On his LJ, he mentions a possible Greco-Roman fantasy. Gods and goddesses, maybe? Epic battles? Smile
I don't think I've ever read a fantasy set in that world. I've seen Clash of the Titans, of course...
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:37 am

Rigil ,i saw on your LJ two stories ,Divergent Paths and Countdown to zero hour ,i like them very very very very.....very very much ,is there any chance you'l be posting them here ? Razz

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:48 am

evcake wrote:Epic battles?
If Rigil is writing it, I wouldn't be surprised. And, of course, it'd have to have some kind of twist to keep everyone guessing.

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:00 pm

Just a heads up for all six or seven of you fans (:lol:), CX has arranged for me to host my Endeavour series over at TrekOnline. The old angelfire url will still work ('cause I'll change it to a redirect), and the http://www.startrekendeavour.com" will also work. I believe that the site will go live this weekend (CX can say yeah or nay there, I'm not sure).

Best thing? No annoying adds or pop-ups.

As many of you know, I've mentioned on numerous occasions how I never intended to write more fics after Elysium, hence the Happy Shiny Happy ending at the end. The original ending was going to be much darker, and without that glimpse of the future. I've been toying with going back and restoring that original ending for some time now (think of it as a director's cut), and thought this might be a good time to do so.

What do you think?
"Go, and find the pit where these snakes hide. And be merciless." - Lorenzo de'Medici, Assassin's Creed: Lineage

Sig by Chrisis1033.

vero3110
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby vero3110 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:44 am

Rigil Kent wrote:Just a heads up for all six or seven of you fans (:lol:), CX has arranged for me to host my Endeavour series over at TrekOnline. The old angelfire url will still work ('cause I'll change it to a redirect), and the http://www.startrekendeavour.com" will also work. I believe that the site will go live this weekend (CX can say yeah or nay there, I'm not sure).

As many of you know, I've mentioned on numerous occasions how I never intended to write more fics after Elysium, hence the Happy Shiny Happy ending at the end. The original ending was going to be much darker, and without that glimpse of the future. I've been toying with going back and restoring that original ending for some time now (think of it as a director's cut), and thought this might be a good time to do so.

What do you think?

I´ll go with it, if that was your original idea. Besides this will mean that you will keep writing more stories until we get to the happy ending, don't you?? :D

Vero

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:12 am

Rigil Kent wrote:Just a heads up for all six or seven of you fans (:lol:), CX has arranged for me to host my Endeavour series over at TrekOnline. The old angelfire url will still work ('cause I'll change it to a redirect), and the http://www.startrekendeavour.com" will also work. I believe that the site will go live this weekend (CX can say yeah or nay there, I'm not sure).

What do you think?

Wait just a dadburn minute here...

*suspicious*

Knowing you, the director's cut is likely to be something truly upsetting. You aren't going to come out with something similar to what you have planned for them in your Janus MU series are you?

*scowls as ferociously as possible while full of homemade spaghetti*
--Tecumseh
--King Solomon the Wise

Rigil Kent
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Rigil Kent » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:27 am

I think you misunderstand. As a standalone fic that does not take into account the continuation (Endeavour: Vigrid), I think that Elysium works. The end wraps everything up (a little too neatly, I think, but hey, whatever floats your boat.)

As a "prelude" for the Endeavour series, however, the final act of Elysium does not work. There's no real need to read any of the Endeavour fics 'cause you know that TnT live, that Jon Archer lives, that Hernandez purchases a piece of agricultural real estate, that Phlox survives, etc.

My original planned conclusion for Elysium took place entirely in 2156 and ended on a pretty crappy note - we're talking Hong Kong, old school John Woo ending. Enterprise was completely FUBARed, Mal & Travis were dead, the Captain and Hoshi were pretty much incapacitated, T'Pol couldn't have kids, and the Romulan War had just started. There was no hope, everyone was angsty, and the happy ending, if there was one, was nowhere in sight. As a set up for the Endeavour series, it works fantastically.

Plus, if I rewrite this scene, I can fix some minor continuity issues that I wasn't aware of until long after I wrote it (i.e. Salem Station evidently being the Pearl Harbor of the E/R War). And, of course, I can find a way to have Trip say something like "As of this moment, we are war. God help us all."

Sig by Chrisis1033.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:18 am

Yeah i think you should change that ending ,it would encourage new readers to check out the Endeavour series .

On thing i regret being delletet from that ending was the scene were Archer is at the memorial in the rain .

The atmosfere and mental image it provides is amazing ,especially Archer's musings wich fit perfectlly with the rain and all that .

Your writing style is definatelly unique ,in a great way i mean :D

JadziaKathryn
Commodore
Commodore

Postby JadziaKathryn » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:34 am

Hmph. I'd like it better if T'Pol were able to have kids. Somehow, that just ruins any hope at all. You don't want to send your readers into clinical depression, do you? Well, maybe you do...

On another note, without that glimpse into the future, maybe Malcolm can escape Sec. 31 after all...

But I see what you mean about the stand-alone vs. series ending, and I agree.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”