May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us by WG

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us by WG

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 am

:tears: Well part of it at least. I'll have the first half of CH6 done by Wensday, and will be sending it for clean up. I fear it will be longer than the last chapter. :cry: Still no funeral yet. But hey...
SPOILER!!!:
Meeting the in-laws is intense
I tried.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:54 pm

Transcription is BORING! Secretaries have my undying admiration. Oooops sorry "office assistents." Dear goodness, 25 hand written pages. What was I thinking!
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain
Show On Map: No

Postby Cogito » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 am

:hatsoff:

I have no idea how you manage to write stories with pen and paper. I'd be utterly lost if I didn't have the freedom to move stuff around, insert/delete text and try variations until I was happy with the result. And as if that wasn't bad enough, my writing would have disintegrated into complete illegibility before I was half way down the first page. Computers are great at storing and manipulating documents. Me with a pen and paper, not so much.

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:08 am

Well, I usually don't! But I can't always sit in a wheel chair and type. It HURTS. I actually am fighting a lot of pain tonight. I don't have much left in me. So my notebook is my savior. I'd LOVE a Dell Alien Laptop. And no snide remarks about Dell please.

PS. I'm on page 101 of May We...

Fics

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 am

WarpGirl wrote:Well, I usually don't! But I can't always sit in a wheel chair and type. It HURTS. I actually am fighting a lot of pain tonight. I don't have much left in me. So my notebook is my savior. I'd LOVE a Dell Alien Laptop. And no snide remarks about Dell please.

:patpat:

WarpGirl wrote:PS. I'm on page 101 of May We...

:happyjump:

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:25 am

It's surreal!

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:20 pm

Somehow Obi-Wan Kenobi made it into my chapter. Not sure if this is due to my obsession with Ewan McGregor or the fact that Vulcan's personify the idea of "a certain point of view" when it comes to the truth. Either way I made sure to say I don't own it in the disclaimer. Better safe than sorry, George Lucas has more money than god. And if he ever did try to sue his devotees for copy right infringement, well I know hundreds of people that have no chance, including ME! :lol:

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:10 am

Chapter 6 has just been sent to the Beta! 35 pages AGAIN! :faint: Still no funeral. Next chapter I swear! I promise.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 am

Ok minor tragedy, I'm out of pens you know the things you use to write on paper. I am so picky about my writing utensils no ball-point pens for me. Liquid ink fine point pens, I gotta hit the dollar store tomorrow and buy a bulk pack. Writing chapter 6 killed my last two pens.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

Well, not even vacation can derail the haulking beast that is May We... once musie decides she's working. 30 (handwritten) pages for chapter 7 thus far. But... My notebook has no more paper, so guess what, I have to get a new one.

Fics

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:45 pm

Will be Submitting Ch6 as soon as I get home monday. Chapter 7 needs two bits of dialogue written, and then typed up. After that it gets sent to clean up. But I am proud to say that thanks to a paper note book 90% of chapter 7 has been written during my vacation. Carrying the note book around lets me scribble without neglecting my time with the family.

I could use some inspiration so I'm putting this out there for some consideration. I have to write two monologuges one for Trip, one for T'Pol at the end of Baby Elizabeth's Vulcan ceremony. I'm not sure what I want them to say. There are so many things written in this community of what both of them would say. I'm trying to keep it original by doing this on Vulcan, with the only humans around being the senior staff and the diplomats from earth's embassy. But I'm still struggling.

A few things to keep in mind...

1. They will be making the speeches in Vulcan.

2. They cannot "out" themseleves as a couple. They will be speaking as parents ONLY. As far as the humans are concerned there is no proof that they are together. Only rumor and speculation.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:22 pm

DP.
Last edited by panyasan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:08 pm

Panyasan THANK YOU! All of your advice is exactly what I'm going on. So many times I've read these types of scenes where TnT make a "statement" usually something "political" that ends up shouting 'we're together accept it!' Although I understand the temptation to do this as some grand expression of love conquering all I really don't think it's appropriate.

I've always felt that it should always be about the love of a child... Unfortunately there are some real obsticals: First, They didn't know Elizabeth existed. Second, she was only six months old so they don't know who she was. Third they only had her a very short time not even a week. This is very limiting.

I think most of what I want to get across is what being a parent would have meant to both of them.

Fics

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:30 pm

DP.
Last edited by panyasan on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Cogito
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Cogito » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:43 pm

I don't know what it's like to lose a child - I can't imagine, and I don't want to imagine.

But if there's a message that I'd wish for TnT to take and share from this loss, it's that hope can come from the most unexpected places.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”