The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

evcake
Commodore
Commodore
Show On Map: No

Re: March '09 Word Prompt!

Postby evcake » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Aquarius wrote:Wow, thanks for contributing this month, Asso and evcake! I was delighted to see your responses. :D

evcake--again I love the "overheard" concept. I think you should develop it more! Maybe an entire TnT story told from the perspective of people who've overheard them! These are such a blast. 8)

I'd like to do that, but maybe I'll wait until things settle down a bit. :)
It's flavored with passionfruit
an appropriate ingredient, don't you think?

Banner by JadziaKathryn

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:17 pm

Linda wrote:Should we be announcing in this thread when we have a story for the prompt? Mine's been up for a while and I only mentioned it was for the March prompt in the genre tag for the story. But "Sentience" is my March 'nature' contribution.

It's probably a pretty good idea to do that, yeah, so that way we don't miss anything! I know some of the admins mention if it's a prompt response when they announce it in the "New Fanfic Up" thread, but not all do, and lately that's understandable with all the detangling they've had to do around here.

So if you've got one, lay it on us! 8)
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:51 pm

I think the index page is created automatically now -- probably best to put the challenge right in your title if you want it to show up.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

bluetiger
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby bluetiger » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:21 pm

I just had one last passing thought about the word nature. 'Commune With Nature'. T’Pol sat down on her cushion and lit the candle. A meditative state came quickly and before long she had entered her white space. She immediately noticed her husband lying stretched out on the floor completely nude. “Trip, what are you doing?” “I’m communing with nature.” “Must you do this with no clothing?" “Absolutely, it’s the only way.” “Ah, I thought you were outside fixing your grass mowing device.” “I was, but the grass looked so inviting that I decided to lay down in it for a minute.” “Please tell me you are not laying in our backyard naked.” “Of course not, wouldn’t want to over-excite the neighbors.” “You do realize that I cannot meditate with you…like that.” “I promise to be quiet, just ignore me.” T’Pol closed her eyes and tried to refocus. Suddenly Trip heard movement. He opened one eye and noticed his wife now stretched out beside him, also naked. “See, I told you communing with nature is great.” “You were correct, this is soothing.” T’Pol flipped over onto her husband. “That was a sufficient amount of communing, what shall we do now?”
Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are. (Mason Cooley)

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:28 pm

What shall they do, indeed! :wink: Good one! :D

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:42 pm

LOL. A lovely passing thought, BlueTiger!
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 pm

bluetiger wrote:I just had one last passing thought about the word nature. 'Commune With Nature'. T’Pol sat down on her cushion and lit the candle. A meditative state came quickly and before long she had entered her white space. She immediately noticed her husband lying stretched out on the floor completely nude. “Trip, what are you doing?” “I’m communing with nature.” “Must you do this with no clothing?" “Absolutely, it’s the only way.” “Ah, I thought you were outside fixing your grass mowing device.” “I was, but the grass looked so inviting that I decided to lay down in it for a minute.” “Please tell me you are not laying in our backyard naked.” “Of course not, wouldn’t want to over-excite the neighbors.” “You do realize that I cannot meditate with you…like that.” “I promise to be quiet, just ignore me.” T’Pol closed her eyes and tried to refocus. Suddenly Trip heard movement. He opened one eye and noticed his wife now stretched out beside him, also naked. “See, I told you communing with nature is great.” “You were correct, this is soothing.” T’Pol flipped over onto her husband. “That was a sufficient amount of communing, what shall we do now?”

:D :D :D :D :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:17 pm

Very nice, bluetiger! :D

It's great how you describe the mood in those few sentences.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 02, 2009 9:12 pm

OK Aquarius says there's no time limit so I thought I'd do some more. These things are like eating chocolate kisses you cannot stop... Oh thank to Billy Currington an American Country singer for the music that inspired this. Trip's a Southern boy and I live down south so it fits. The song is "She's Got A Way With Me" it's really beautiful and fits with TnT's relationship. I also thought I'd do this one from T'Pol's perspective since I did two with Trip...

A full moon saturated the inky night guiding two lovers down a path winding along the Mississippi River. The blistering heat of the summer's day had not faded with the night, but was eased by a soft breeze coming over the placid waters of the great river. The woman stopped and gazed at the view, listening to the sounds of the river, insects, small creatures, trees and grasses stirring in the night. The moonlight reflecting on the water was exceptionally beautiful to her since it was a phenomenon she did not have many chances to observe. Above all she was gratified to share this time with her sa-telsu. For months they had been under the strain of mourning their ko-fu and then enduring several missions aboard Enterprise that had been extremely dangerous. Now they finally had a chance to be at peace with each-other, and live openly as bondmates. Also she had finally had the chance to meet her Charles' family. The graciousness with which they accepted her filled her with a sense of well-being she had not experienced since the death of her ko'mehk. Yes she was contented to be here with Charles, enjoying the beauty of his home and his family.

T'Pol leaned into his arms more and brought two fingers up to his face slowly stroking them down from his temple to the bottom of his jaw. She watched in delight as his eyes closed in pleasure and a contented sigh escaped his mouth. He caught her hand in his, and proceeded to answer her kiss with a very human one of his own on her lips. When they finally parted after many unnoticed minutes, he smiled and said...

"Are you regretting the fact you married into such an eccentric family darling?"

"Regret is illogical Charles I have made my choice and I will live with it. In any case, there would be no reason for me to feel such an emotion. I find your family to be most exceptional. Of course that is only logical as they produced you Ashalik." she replied with a raised eye-brow.

"Of course." Trip said laughing softly, he truly loved her logic.

"I am quite contented here Charles, I had not expected it to be so beautiful and serene." she sighed.

"Yeah it's something else. Summers here were the most amazing times when I was a kid. But Florida that was really amazing," he tightened his hold on her. "But if my family had to move somewhere else, I'm glad it was here. Lizzy loved it here most of all."

"It is understandable. Perhaps in time we may bring our children here as well." T'Pol said with hope filling her voice. She was dismayed to feel Charles stiffen in her arms, as if he were standing at attention. "Charles do you not wish to bring our children here?"

"No darling I want to show our kids this place. But more than that I want them to be safe. When the time comes we'll raise our family on Vulcan, my family will come to see us often they'll know their human side. But we don't need to be here." he said with determination.

"Ashalik Earth is a part of you, so it is apart of Elizabeth and any other children we may have. I do not wish to deprive them of that anymore than you would wish to deprive them of Vulcan. I agree that we cannot raise our children here, but I am sure we will find a way to share this with them. To not do so would be an injustice." she whispered into his ear trying to calm him.

He tilted her head up for her to look in his eyes, and T'Pol's breath caught at the depth of unconditional love filling them. Her sa-telsu was truly the most selfless of men, and she was honored to be his. Finally he kissed her gently and smiled.

"You're right my darling. You always are, we'll find a way I promise."

T'Pol nodded her acceptance, and turned to look out at the river. Yes she was contended by this beautiful place, but her home was in this man's arms.

PS. I've never been to Mississippi but I hear parts of it are really gorgeous. Too bad "Old Man River" doesn't work here but that is way too sad. Beautiful but sad.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sat May 02, 2009 9:31 pm

I think you should post your attempt, WarpGirl. It's more than an attempt. I like it.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sat May 02, 2009 9:58 pm

Awesome! :D I'm so glad you started looking at the other prompts, Warp Girl. You definitely set a very beautiful scene here. The full moon saturating the inky night grabbed me! :D

WarpGirl
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby WarpGirl » Sat May 02, 2009 10:03 pm

Actually so far most of these were snippets of scenes I am thinking about for my fic. They'll probably end up littering it. But these "rough drafts" are not for the main site. These are practice. Like high school English homework, which I loved to do. I am such a nerd.
Some of these people haven't taken their medication. Let's see what happens now...
Donna Moss: The West Wing

And by people WG had herself in mind, but then the quote would have been ruined.
Fics
May We Together Become Greater Than The Sum Of Us
*Rights,* Wrongs, and Choices

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”