21%

Total votes: 19

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Show On Map: No

Re: Review and grade episode 3-08 "Twilight"

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:19 pm

For those of you that are waiting for my next review and the next review thread (for North Star) I'm afraid that'll have to wait, probably until sometime next weekend. This is because I'll be on a business trip to Bruxelles for most of next week, and I've had a lot to do "back at the office" (i.e. the newspaper) before. So I haven't had much time to write my review.

So be patient... Razz
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:44 am

nevermind
Last edited by pookha on Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Mon Jun 11, 2007 8:45 am

yeah well i know i am a minority around here about this episode.

i liked it. i grew up reading alternate histories and this is i see it. a possible alternate history that didnt happen.

and now i at least didnt know how bad it could be till twilight. we are not talking just about the loss of earth but pretty much wiping humanity out except for these few survivors.
and i still say it might have been travis that they were missing so much.
if travis had lived they may have been able to make a clean breakaway.
really considering the damage to the ship they where maybe a half hour late.
which meant they must have made allies with some of the xindi.

it also makes sense to me on different levels that tpol would be on the planet.

for one thing it kept trip from running off on his exploration mission.

the other thing that way she is done on the planet better suited to help the survivors with her skills as a scientist.
she even tells archer she normally dosnt spend that much time telling him what happened.

once he is up and she gets him settled there would be an awful lot of time for her to do other things.

and thanks to trek core i finally have a cap of the communications /research area i have talked about in the past.
this was a difficult planet to live on and tpol is probably the best research scientist left to them.
i suspect most of the scientists and medical staff of not just enterprise but the other ships transferred planetside to be of the most help to the colony.

and most of the time enterprise was just a little bit aways if she was needed there.
and as far as we know we dont know if she might have had help. that members of the crew would come and spell her for awhile.

but considering how emotionally difficult it would be to see archer go through the nightmare over and over a vulcan would be suited for the task.

and i dont think it was just archer why she decided to stay.
if she was just concerned about him she would have taken soval up on his offer.
but rather she felt a debt and responsibility to all of the survivors.
so while leaving with archer to go to vulcan might be best for him it would have meant turning her back on the rest including trip.

so she throws her lot in with the rest of the humans and well i suspect saved her and archer.
the romulans would probably have conquered vulcan pretty fast with out the humans .

http://ent.trekcore.com/gallery/display ... 12&pos=336

and yeah if the line about the romance hadnt been uttered by sussman the evolve line is just about how tpol became his caretaker and due to the nature of his illness knows a great deal about him while he has been stuck in time.
and i was also repulsed by the talk of a two sided romance ect..
archer cant form new memories until the end of the show for more then six hours.

the only thing i still dont like was the stupid super archer bit with his surviving multiple blasts.

Shakabutt
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Shakabutt » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:06 pm

and yeah if the line about the romance hadnt been uttered by sussman the evolve line is just about how tpol became his caretaker and due to the nature of his illness knows a great deal about him while he has been stuck in time.
and i was also repulsed by the talk of a two sided romance ect..
archer cant form new memories until the end of the show for more then six hours.

Oh but you forget that Archer was maddly in love with T'Pol since his erotic dream or whatever that was ,and every line he has with T'Pol is filled with love and not care and friendship between a captain and his XO ,myeah Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Duh

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:10 pm

Kevin Thomas Riley wrote:For those of you that are waiting for my next review and the next review thread (for North Star) I'm afraid that'll have to wait, probably until sometime next weekend. This is because I'll be on a business trip to Bruxelles for most of next week, and I've had a lot to do "back at the office" (i.e. the newspaper) before. So I haven't had much time to write my review.

So be patient... Razz

I was, i was!!! How was Bruxelles? But i wonder if you were so impressed by the Grand Place in Bruxelles, that we had to wait for so long for your north star review to shine. In other words, i like reading your reviews Popcorn so..... Poke
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Kevin Thomas Riley
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Kevin Thomas Riley » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:33 pm

panyasan wrote:I was, i was!!! How was Bruxelles? But i wonder if you were so impressed by the Grand Place in Bruxelles, that we had to wait for so long for your north star review to shine. In other words, i like reading your reviews Popcorn so..... Poke

Oh, thanks! Embarassed It's always nice to be appreciated.

Unfortunately it will take a while. As I state on my website:

I have decided to take a summer hiatus with my ENT reviews, but I'll return once autumn is upon us. In the meantime you might enjoy the mini-reviews I'm making as I go through Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for the first time. I have now started on season three.
She's got an awfully nice bum!
-Malcolm Reed on T'Pol, in Shuttlepod One

dark_rain
Site Admin

Postby dark_rain » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:13 am

I agree 110% with KTR on this one. It was a pointless waste of an otherwise perfectly good slot for a regular episode. Again with the reset button, at least some of the reset buttons have some affect on the character s from the real universe. Arrgh! Hated this one on too many points to mention, and I wont go into the AinTer's
"romance"!

1-
voo@octane2:~> uname -a
IRIX64 octane2 6.5 07080050 IP30

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”