Challenge Idea

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Challenge Idea

Postby Distracted » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:48 am

Uh-oh. Hope I didn't scare you away with my annoyingly obsessive micro-management. :?

We'll miss you. I like the chapter you just did. (I got a preview. It's up next. You guys are gonna like it. A LOT. :D )
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:58 am

It wasn't scarry, Distracted. It needed to be said. If I don't find out who I we had destroy Weytahn and why, I might go a little crazy myself....

Though, keeping in mind what one of the reviewrs said of chapter 5 (I can't remember who), I should add we are writing a story, not a list of possible cliff hangers. Not that I'm not enjoying our cliffies, but we do need to do more than create life-or-death situations for our charectors to escape...

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:06 am

Distracted wrote:Uh-oh. Hope I didn't scare you away with my annoyingly obsessive micro-management. :?

We'll miss you. I like the chapter you just did. (I got a preview. It's up next. You guys are gonna like it. A LOT. :D )

Nope. Takes a lot to scare me off, Dis. :hug: It's not you or anyone else.

Just got the back-to-school info for my two older autistic kids. Son's going to a brand new school (they moved the program to a different school in the district, farther away), and Elder Daughter (aka Banshee Girl) is going to be partially mainstreamed (i.e. with "normal" kids) part of the day. So I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in teacher meetings, education plan meetings, transportation issues, etc. etc. :? :faint:

Plus there's the possibility of some writing gigs in Sept., Oct. and Nov. (crossing fingers).

So I'm gonna be a bit scarce this fall...though I'm going to finish "Shadows" and its upcoming sequel.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:11 am

Whoa. Like real writing where you make money and stuff? I'm impressed. :D And jealous. :mrgreen:

Good luck with the mainstreaming. My nephew with Downs has responded really positively to his school's mainstreaming program. I hope things go well.
Image sig by chrisis1033

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:32 pm

Distracted wrote:I'd like to point out to the upcoming authors that our readers are starting to complain that we're not addressing previous plot points when we write our chapters. For example, the following questions have yet to be addressed.

As I pointed out on my comment, on the first stage of a round robin is somewhat difficult to input answers to all previous open plots. However, I wish to point that if the authors decide to follow on with the idea that the attack, bomb, etc... is a (supposedly) Romulan plot, there is no way to give plain answers (only character's guess). Romulans only were visually detected by the time of TOS, all previous communication was done only by audio. If the story in told (as it is, up to now) from the point of view of Coalition partners, there is no way to know for sure what are the real intentions of the other side. Not all stories include both parties (as done in Babel-Aenar mini arch) narratives.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:09 pm

Round Robins are bound to be rocky, for all the various reasons. Everyone just needs to remember to work with what went before and we should be good. Anyway, panyasan and I have been pm-ing about some of this all morning, and I'm confident that some of Distracted's questions will be answered - and mine - in the next chapter.

Speaking of chapters, the order for the next few chapters is (taking into light recent events):
8, Kotik
9, Distracted
10, aadarshinah
11, Enerdhil
12, Ginamr
13, panyasan

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:26 pm

My internet translator is giving me strange results, so a simple question to all people with Latin language skills: how do you translate "slopes of Andoria" in Latin?
The whole sentence is "Si (slopes of Andoria) requiris circumspice".
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:47 pm

Looking carefully around the Slopes of Andoria? Declivia Andoriae Cautione Requirit

:faint:

Had to look back at my latin text for that one to make sure I was using the right ablative. I think that's what you were going for, by the looks of things.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:06 pm

I think that's right, but it is "requirunt" (plural), I believe.
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:15 pm

Oops. Yes. Forgot to change than when I made slopes plural. Declivia Andoriae Cautione Requirunt.

Distracted
Site Donor

Postby Distracted » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:59 am

That's a mouthful! How's the next chapter coming?
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:04 am

last I heard, quite well...

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:22 pm

aadarshinah wrote:last I heard, quite well...
Yeah! In spite of the chaos and business surrounding me this week after my vacation, I managed to make a good start with the chapter. The outline and scenes are developed and I started to write the first scenes. My plan is to sent the chapter to the beta by the end of the week.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:49 am

I've not done one of these in a while, but .... an annoying status update:

1, Semper Fi by Kotik, posted
2, In Extremis by Distracted , posted
3, Igni Ferroque by aadarshinah, posted
4, Horror Gelus, by Enerdhil, posted
5, Negotium Periculosum by Ginamr, posted
6, Copula inter Duos by Lady Rainbow , posted
7, Declivia Andoriae Cautione Requirunt by panyasan , which has been beta'd, is awaiting green lights, and will be posted as soon as allowed
8, tba by Kotik, who will get ^ the moment I get an OK
9, tba by Distracted
10, tba by aadarshinah[/quote]

A warning, I'll be off to orientation for my new job and then on the road on the 23rd and have no idea what my internet connection/writing time will be like. As soon as I know anything for certain, I'll let you guys know....

Kotik

Postby Kotik » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Another status update, this time by me :D

1, Semper Fidelis by Kotik, posted
2, In Extremis by Distracted , posted
3, Igni Ferroque by aadarshinah, posted
4, Horror Gelus, by Enerdhil, posted
5, Negotium Periculosum by Ginamr, posted
6, Copula inter Duos by Lady Rainbow , posted
7, Declivia Andoriae Cautione Requirunt by panyasan , which has been beta'd, is awaiting green lights, and will be posted as soon as allowed
8, Luctor Et Emergo by Kotik, in work
9, tba by Distracted
10, tba by aadarshinah[/quote]

A warning, I'll be off to orientation for my new job and then on the road on the 23rd and have no idea what my internet connection/writing time will be like. As soon as I know anything for certain, I'll let you guys know....[/quote]

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”