Challenge Idea

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Re: Challenge Idea

Postby aadarshinah » Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:38 pm

I'm good with that if everyone else is. No longer than 4 pages at a go, I'd suggest, but other than that...

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Postby Distracted » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:36 pm

The shorter the better, I'd say. It keeps the story focused and minimizes the delay between chapters. 4 pages is okay, I guess. That'll give us some descriptive leeway when we get to the ice and snow and stuff. 8)
Image sig by chrisis1033

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:11 pm

Enerdhil wrote:You should also consider that panyasam appears to be unavailable until mid August. Maybe it would better to check if Lady Rainbow can change order with him to keep the initial round on pace.

Anyone heard from panyasan lately? 'Cause if this is the case, someone else (Lady Rainbow maybe?) will have to write chapter 6....

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:17 pm

aadarshinah wrote:
Enerdhil wrote:You should also consider that panyasam appears to be unavailable until mid August. Maybe it would better to check if Lady Rainbow can change order with him to keep the initial round on pace.

Anyone heard from panyasan lately? 'Cause if this is the case, someone else (Lady Rainbow maybe?) will have to write chapter 6....

Not a problem. I've been keeping up w/the posted chappies, etc.
Ginamr, go ahead and send me a copy of your chapter when you're done I'll read it and work on Chapter 6. Panyasan can do chapter 7. :mrgreen:

This would work out for me better anyway. Kids are going back to school at the end of Aug...things will calm down once they get into a routine.
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:38 pm

*Shakes head* The moment I finished posting above, I got the initial (alpha?) version of 5.

Anyway, updated status recap:

1, Semper Fi by Kotik, posted
2, In Extremis by Distracted , posted
3, Igni Ferroque by aadarshinah, posted
4, Horror Gelus, by Enerdhil, posted
5, Negotium Periculosum by Ginamr, beta'd. Once it's OKed, I'll probably submit it Tues night.
6, tba by Lady Rainbow (who should have a copy of ^)
7, tba by panyasan
8, tba by Kotik
9, tba by Distracted
10, tba by aadarshinah

I'm just hanging around the house trying to work on my own stuff, so if anyone has any questions, I'm here... all day...

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:19 pm

aadarshinah wrote: Anyone heard from panyasan lately? 'Cause if this is the case, someone else (Lady Rainbow maybe?) will have to write chapter 6....

From what I understood, we only can count on him sometime between 9-15 August:

panyasan wrote:Oops! I thought they would be more days between the posting of the chapter. Hope I can make it for the 5th chapter, because I leave for vacation this Friday and will back home the second week of August. (posted on 20 July)

Maybe you can delay one extra day for the posting of chapters 5 & 6 (aka, Wednesday & Monday)...

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:27 pm

Sure. Whatever works. Waiting to hear back from ginamr on the changes to his/her chapter in beta, and if s/he makes a lot of changes after that.... well, if everyone wants more time between chapters, we can do that.

Lady Rainbow's already agreed to write chapter 6 and, since no one has heard from panasayn, I thought she was already gone for a while. If she's still gone when chapter 7 comes around, we'll figure something out then...
Last edited by aadarshinah on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris
Show On Map: No

Postby Alelou » Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Since I got Enerdhil's gender wrong, I'm delighted to quietly whisper at this point that Panyasan is a girl.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:04 am

Oops. :oops: Its so hard to tell online. Which, I suppose, has its pluses and minuses. I'm half tempted to avoid the issue entirely and just refer to everyone as "they," regardless of its gramatical incorrectness.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:17 am

Alelou wrote:Since I got Enerdhil's gender wrong, I'm delighted to quietly whisper at this point that Panyasan is a girl.

OOPs also for me! :shock: Maybe it is time for a thread about members gender :D

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:31 pm

aadarshinah wrote:

Ooooo... so glad to know that I am missed... :lol: That's why I go on holiday with limited internet acces. :-p
I will be back on Saterday and what I understood from a very recent PM from aadarshinah - write the chapter after the chapter of Lady Rainbow. I am looking forward (also to read all the other chapters when I get home).

And yes, I am a girl - 170 centimeter, 60 kg brunette in her 40-ties... but I find it very amusing that people are thinking I wasn't! Any male voice you heard in my comments or stories - it's my crazy hubs fault. He spoiled me, making me a sf-addict. ;-)
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:44 pm

*Holds up hands* I was following the leader, I swear. Someone said you were a he, and so I assumed s/he knew what she was talking about. Moral: Don't drink the koolaid. (And, for the record, I am a she myself and, despite being in my 20s, am often mistaken for my 17yr old brother's baby sister).

The offical staus update, for everyone's benifit:

5, Negotium Periculosum by Ginamr, beta'd and will be submitted tomorrow night
6, tba by Lady Rainbow (who I've not heard from, but assume is happily typing away)
7, tba by panyasan (who is back with us)
8, tba by Kotik
9, tba by Distracted
10, tba by aadarshinah

I'm kinda living at my comptuer (unsucessfully) trying to write while waiting to hear from this job-op of mine, so if you've any questions... well, you'll get a quick reply. So feel free to ask. Or flame me for the repetive status updates. Or, I dunno, offer me a job. I'm not particularly pickly.

Enerdhil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Enerdhil » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:27 am

aadarshinah wrote: (And, for the record, I am a she myself and, despite being in my 20s, am often mistaken for my 17yr old brother's baby sister).

So, that's the reason you choose her TNG's costume photograph for your avatar? :lol:

Lady Rainbow
Captain
Captain
Twitter username: ladyrainbow

Postby Lady Rainbow » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:34 am

aadarshinah wrote:*Holds up hands* I was following the leader, I swear. Someone said you were a he, and so I assumed s/he knew what she was talking about. Moral: Don't drink the koolaid. (And, for the record, I am a she myself and, despite being in my 20s, am often mistaken for my 17yr old brother's baby sister).

The offical staus update, for everyone's benifit:

5, Negotium Periculosum by Ginamr, beta'd and will be submitted tomorrow night
6, tba by Lady Rainbow (who I've not heard from, but assume is happily typing away)
7, tba by panyasan (who is back with us)
8, tba by Kotik
9, tba by Distracted
10, tba by aadarshinah

I'm kinda living at my comptuer (unsucessfully) trying to write while waiting to hear from this job-op of mine, so if you've any questions... well, you'll get a quick reply. So feel free to ask. Or flame me for the repetive status updates. Or, I dunno, offer me a job. I'm not particularly pickly.

Guys, I DO NOT have a copy of Ginamr's chapter. Just letting you guys know. Need it to start working on my chappie. Thanks. :mrgreen:
Avatar of Hoshi/Malcom "The Dogwalker" courtesy of ivymae at http://www.captainsoma.com/enterpriseoddities/main.html

Siggy complete with beagle! :)

aadarshinah
Captain
Captain

Postby aadarshinah » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:44 am

Enerdhil wrote:
aadarshinah wrote: (And, for the record, I am a she myself and, despite being in my 20s, am often mistaken for my 17yr old brother's baby sister).

So, that's the reason you choose her TNG's costume photograph for your avatar? :lol:

It seemed appropriate... though I was, admittedly, about five at the time.... Actually, cut the hair, and I look pretty much the same now. It's really annoying. My brother and I went on a trip last year where we had to sign waviers saying that, if we got hurt, it was our own fault. We got there and the guy at the desk handed both to my brother and said that he would need to sign mine as I was "a minor."

And sry about that Lady Rainbow. I thought ginamr had told me you'd already gotten the chapter. Well, I sent it to you just a min ago, so you should have it now. Sometimes this round robin thing feels like wrangling cats, I tell you....

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”