Token Canadian
Token Canadian
Show On Map: No

Re: DO YOU LIKE SIM?

Postby enterprikayak » Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:16 pm

awww, thanks! :)

I have made it louder. Here's the new link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tFdKg97ugg

I am actually really pleased with how this turned out!!! Haven't done one of these in a while. I promised you fresh crunchy footage! :D
|||||||||enterpriseScrybe & enterpriseScrybe2 TrekVids||||||||| www.trekref.info|||||||||www.TriaxTpolitan.com|||||||||
"Let's be honest with ourselves: there's nothing easy about the life we've chosen. But we don't do it because it's easy, dammit!
We do it because the tits are big and the bat'leths are sharp and the ships are fast!"

Aquarius
Site Admin

Postby Aquarius » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:47 am

Nice work! :D
Eian built my avatar! Banner by Misplaced!

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:37 am

Really nice! Great to be able to hear the whole song.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu May 14, 2009 5:43 pm

I am new t this thread and this is my first post. I realize I am late on this subject, however.

Escriba's story seems to use the characters of Sim, Trip and t-Pol but jettisons the episode itself.

as you know in the episode T-Pol does not order the creation of sim nor his destruction. that was Phlox with Archers concurence.

In the episode t-Pol had very little to do with the clone other than a few hours of off and on face time.

so, Taking that into considraton. T-Pol owed nothig to sim at all. There would have been no decisinon to make about a Noble Sacrifice on her part.

Now if this is a complete rewrite of the sim episode that is a different matter.

I have not read this story and have no intention of reading it. I don't believe that T-Pol would have considered giving Sim what would amount to a "Mercy F--K" She would be too logical.

Sim would have been to her a means to an end and that end was the full recovery of Trip for the good of the crew, ship and MIsion in addtioin to bringing Trip back to her now that she was aware of his care for her.

Don't get mad as I am not trying to be insulting here but this story sounds like a bodice rippinfg soaper to me.

Be gentle it is my first post on this thread.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Alelou
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Twitter username: @sheerhubris

Postby Alelou » Thu May 14, 2009 5:49 pm

Welcome, Silverbullet.

That story was indeed a rewrite. Escriba specializes in doing AU (alternative universe) plots, which are often fascinating and provoke much discussion. In this version, Archer wasn't in the picture. As for not reading it -- oh well, your loss.
OMG, ANOTHER new chapter! NORTH STAR Chapter 28
Image.Image
Read opening chapters free at Amazon (US): The Awful Mess: A Love Story
Blog: Sheer Hubris Press / Twitter: @sheerhubris / Facebook: Sandra Hutchison

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 14, 2009 6:46 pm

Welcome, Silverbullet.
Well, It's impossible for me to not be gentle with you, considering what I think of a T'Pol who is supposed to thank Sim by means of the thing which not a few people seem to believe it can be the only thing that a woman can do.
Escriba knows very well my admiration for her, and my disappointment, too, because she always chooses to develop her personages just in such a way that they sound... as this T'Pol sounds.
But that's her choice, and I can only feel disappointed, nothing else.
Anyway, I hope that soon I can plainly show what I think personally of this peculiar issue. Yes. By means of T'Pol's thoughts. :lol:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu May 14, 2009 7:07 pm

Oh, man, chapter 2 of "Beyond Death"... that's almost the only thing that can destroy Asso's mood, Silverbullet :wink: :D

Come here, Asso :hug: It's all a nightmare, just a nightmare :lol:

Silverbullet wrote:Don't get mad as I am not trying to be insulting here but this story sounds like a bodice rippinfg soaper to me.

Oh, yes, technically it is, since it's an AU, so it's not insulting. I don't think it's insulting, at least. I know what you mean. And believe me, A LOT of people agrees with you.

Welcome to the board! :wave:
Last edited by Escriba on Thu May 14, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"
"Yes, miss. Lawyers, miss."

The Fifth Elephant by Terry Pratchett

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Mumble, mumble... I hate this Basque woman, I hate her... mumble, mumble... I love her... mumble, mumble... she is worst than T'Pol. I swear! :banghead:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 14, 2009 7:31 pm

Ah.
I forgot.
Welcome here, Silverbullet. In my way. :D

Silverbullet
Commodore
Commodore

Postby Silverbullet » Thu May 14, 2009 8:18 pm

One other thing since I am on the subject.

T-Pol not only gives Sim a Noble sacrifice of her body she gives him somthing else.

Since she was not married to a vulcan and presumablyy did not mate with one and, in the series she did not havr sex with any other male on board that means she was a virgin.

so she would be giving Sim the most precious thing a woman has: Her virginity.

Since she knows that sim is just a replica of trip and that Trip cares (loves) her deeply and she cares (Loves) him deeply that virginity should be reserved for the real Trip even though you have t-Pol confused about sim and trip.

T-Pol's vulcan Logic would kick in here and she would know that Sim was doomed to die shortly and that his death would ensure trip's full recovery and return. she would not give her all to sim as that all was trip's.

That factor I believe should be take into consideration in your story.

I still feel that T-Pol's logic alone would keep her from the Noble Sacrifice as she really didn't owe that much to sim.

BTW if t-Pol played True confession and told Trip that she not only had Sex with sim but gave hiim her virginity I believe that would drive a wedge between them that coulld not be overcome.

I have never been afan of True confessions anyway.
I am Retired. Having a good time IS my job

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Perfect.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu May 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Silverbullet wrote:Since she was not married to a vulcan and presumablyy did not mate with one and, in the series she did not havr sex with any other male on board that means she was a virgin.

so she would be giving Sim the most precious thing a woman has: Her virginity.

Since she knows that sim is just a replica of trip and that Trip cares (loves) her deeply and she cares (Loves) him deeply that virginity should be reserved for the real Trip even though you have t-Pol confused about sim and trip.

But this is absolutely a Human (overall, although not all human cultures think this) view of sexual relationships. She is Vulcan. It is illogical to think that the first time of a biological process has any meaning, different to all the other times. Why your first time should be more important than your second or your third or your last?

If it is of any consolation, in the context of the story it is an error, but not because she had sex with another man, but because she did it for the wrong reasons and then tried to not assume the consequences (as she actually does in RU "Harbinger")

Silverbullet wrote:BTW if t-Pol played True confession and told Trip that she not only had Sex with sim but gave hiim her virginity I believe that would drive a wedge between them that coulld not be overcome.

Ah, that's the point, mon ami :)

"I mean... well, you know what people call men who wear wigs and gowns, don't you?"
"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

panyasan
Commodore
Commodore

Postby panyasan » Thu May 14, 2009 8:47 pm

If you grow up in a culture that seems to have strong marriage relationships, claiming your bride, arranged marriages and where bonds can develop when you mate, you can be sure "losing your virginity and intimate relationships" (like the Vulcans call it) is as much as important - I think even much more - then in human culture.
Love is a verb.

Chapter 17 of Word of Ice is up!

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8522099/17/World-of-Ice

The Naked Truth and other necessities of life

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12056258/1 ... es-of-life

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu May 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Again.
Perfect.

Escriba
Fleet Captain
Fleet Captain

Postby Escriba » Thu May 14, 2009 8:57 pm

panyasan wrote:If you grow up in a culture that seems to have strong marriage relationships, claiming your bride, arranged marriages and where bonds can develop when you mate, you can be sure "losing your virginity and intimate relationships" (like the Vulcans call it) is as much as important - I think even much more - then in human culture.

Yeeeaaah... but then again T'Pol was ready to marry a complete stranger (Koss) and then, eventually, have sex with him. Mutual understanding and care were expected or even desired, but not required. So... you know, I'm not so sure.

And by the way, why is always the female's virginity important? I've never heard anybody talking about Sim, and it's his first time too (technically speaking.)

"Yes, miss."
"You do?"

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”