Which Came First: The baby or the bond?

The bread and butter!

Moderators: justTripn, Elessar, dark_rain

Emberchyld
Commander
Commander

Which Came First: The baby or the bond?

Postby Emberchyld » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:28 am

Okay, so I really don't believe this theory, but a twisted little thought popped into my mind the other day and thought that it might make for an interesting conversation with this group:

Could the "creation"/existence of Elizabeth have been what really created the bond between Trip and T'Pol?

It would explain T'Pol's "Aha! I know she's our child!" moment in sickbay-- yes, she might have sensed the baby through her mommy bond... or she could have finally figured out why she and Trip had bonded after only one *ahem* mating. Would also explain the timing for their encounters in T'Pol's meditative world.

On the flip side: I believe that their bond formed over time and that the bond was just "activated" by distance.

But, now I present it to all of you Tri-S'ers: What came first, the baby or the bond? :D
"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."
--Coco Chanel

Emberchyld's Livejournal: 45% dance, 45% skating, 5% Trying to convince others to watch Enterprise 5% everything else. You've been warned

Distracted
Site Donor
Show On Map: No

Re: Which Came First: The baby or the bond?

Postby Distracted » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:53 am

Interesting hypothesis. The distances involved would seem to me to be too great, though.
Image sig by chrisis1033

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:00 am

Not to mention the timing.

blacknblue
Site Admin

Postby blacknblue » Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:33 am

The bond came first, according to what T'Pol told Trip in Bound. She said that "when Vulcans mate" a bond is formed. Nothing was said about two adult Vulcans bonding to each other through their child. I can understand either or both parents bonding to the child itself. But the bond to each other was specifically (and canonically) defined as happening "when Vulcans mate".
"When the legends die, the dreams end. When the dreams end, there is no more greatness."
--Tecumseh
"It is better to be a live jackal than a dead lion."
--King Solomon the Wise
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Unless the few are armed.

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:17 am

i believe it happened when they were spending so much intimate time together in the expanse and not just that sexual encounter.
we have what tles told trip and that vulcans spend the first year of marriage together.

i think the bond manifesting itself so strongly was a combination of tpol being cured of the panar, her doing a mind meld which maybe activated a part of the brain and the distance which gave the meld a reason to manifest the way it did.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:40 am

I not only I think that the bond is born before Elizabeth, but also that it isn't true that "she and Trip had bonded after only one *ahem* mating".
I agree with Elaine and her words in her gorgeous Fic "Shadows".

I quote textually her words:

Did you ever wonder how Terra Prime knew to steal Trip and T'Pol's DNA?

This story started out as a little smut biscuit--more like a smut cookie, or a smut crouton, maybe--and took on a life of its own. Part of the premise is that Trip and T'Pol had an ongoing relationship from the events of “E2” (when Really!Old!T'Pol tells her younger counterpart "I can't imagine life without him" up until “Home” when she marries Boring!Fat!Koss (Remember how Trip asked T'Pol what she told her mother "about us"? That was totally a boyfriend thing to say, in my opinion.) As far as I can tell, nothing in onscreen canon contradicts the idea that they were together...

:D :D :D :D
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to
The Ears of the Elves, chapter Forty-four

And here is the beginning of the whole story.

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

pookha
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby pookha » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:46 pm

i could easily believe they were together from some time during zero hour until the end of home.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:19 am

I delay it a bit more, but that's essentially what my story Reconciliation is about. :)

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:51 am

CX wrote:I delay it a bit more, but that's essentially what my story Reconciliation is about. :)

Please, don't delay it too much. :wink:
Well yes. I continue to write. And on Fanfiction.Net, for those who want, it is possible to cast a glance at my latest efforts. We arrived to

But, I must say, you could also find something else on Fanfiction.net written by me. If you want.

CX
Commodore
Commodore

Postby CX » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:41 pm

I meant the setting. I have it take place between Storm Front and Home rather than after Countdown through until Home.

Asso
Site Donor

Postby Asso » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:00 pm

CX wrote:I meant the setting. I have it take place between Storm Front and Home rather than after Countdown through until Home.

This, in my opinion, does not change the substance of the things.

Return to “Trip and T'Pol Discussion”